Roeland-02

Only 15 Canadian members?

28 posts / 2025 viewsLast Reply

Just joined today, I have a 1970 02 automatic, Grenada red in close to stock condition.  I know, it's an automatic but hey how many of these are left out there today, so that's why I didn't think of a 4 or 5 speed swap.

Only modifications are an electric fuel pump. The passenger side mirror was already installed when I bought this for $1200 in 2013.  It was a rolling shell, with lots of bits missing, nothing worked and I needed to have it towed home. I don't want to think about how much I have spent on this car to get it back on the road over the last 5 years but it was worth it.

image.png.4df6250e403d974044bfd150b87ab9d9.png

image.png.419b6e41593ba88b6e6c2e386d1631ce.png

Good to see a new member. Your car looks real nice. I try to keep it stock as well except the rims. But when i bought the car 20 years ago it had real ugly not original steel rims.  

• Like 1

West CoastIMG_1162.thumb.JPG.e74a3431ad2846427b2f7a01ca42540a.JPG

.....not quite finished yet just the remaining trim  and upholstery to go.IMG_1165.thumb.JPG.5267d217f3d3882fddbf084080621684.JPG
Mike, it looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the finished job. Who did the prep and painting?

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Guy Cocquyt said:

What year is your car? If that is your garage, l'm envious. I am located in Cochrane, Alberta. Guy

The car is a 1969 (originally a 68, registered in 69) from California. I wish that was my garage, that's actually my workplace. We shot a small video series with the exhaust and coolant setup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guy Cocquyt said:

Mike, it looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the finished job. Who did the prep and painting?

Thanks Guy I am pretty happy with the way its turned out although I have a few self induced F-Up's that have to take care of. 

The guy that did the prep/paint is a Brit who operates a restoration shop in Langley. Mostly British but does the odd German vintage resto.

Guy, 

We have an active group in Alberta including some very special cars (lets say we have the highest concentration of Turbo and Alpina cars outside Germany). 

Go to Alberta02.com and sign up for the mailing list or send me an email. 

[email protected]

• Like 1

On 3/4/2018 at 11:09 AM, Roeland-02 said:

Must be more 02 owners out there. How can we get them to sign up?

Maybe put up a post on the main forum.

Vonbimmer, that car is insane.

Another Edmontonian here. My 76, procured with help from Anthony.

4D10E23C-D253-4A3E-9FB2-549486B49A04_zpsngvtl1nd.jpg

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.