M5280RCR

WTB 5 spd Tranny and lowering springs

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Now that my rodent issue is finally taken care of (family in the heater box), I am ready to find a 5 spd tranny and lowering springs.  I prefer to deal with locally, so thought I would start on this local forum.  Springs I will probably just buy new, but if some local has a used set, I 'd be open to that as well.

TIA,

Dave

Edited by M5280RCR

Hi Dave--

I have a "sport" suspension that I removed from my restored car so I could install the Autoy suspension I had from my previous car.

The sport suspension includes rear springs (1/2" lower) and front springs (2" lower).  It also includes19mm rear anti-roll bar and 22mm front anti-roll bar, Bilstein HD shocks (they look pretty new and may have less than 15K miles) and KarzundParts decamber plates.  I have some miscellaneous parts that I would also include, like some antiroll bar bushings and mounts.

I was slightly surprised that on my tii there was only a little5a9b3a38cab64_74tii_6100611.thumb.jpg.38cc1a1eb46a5c74c1e4e262bc8c415c.jpg tire rubbing on the inner fender wells at extreme steering angles (BMW E30 basketweave14X6.5 wheels with 195-65/14 tires).  The photo shows the car with sport suspension installed.

I prefer to sell everything together for a reasonable price.  Are you interested? How far do you live from Walnut Creek?

Larry

Larry,

Thanks for the note.  I live in San Carlos and work in Burlingame, so not too far from you.  I completely understand not wanting to sell your parts piecemeal.  I already have Bilsteins and bigger sway bars, so really only need the springs.  I am in no hurry, so perhaps you can try and sell as a group and if no luck, ping me back. 

BTW, I haven't done much research yet, but I don't believe I have seen springs that vary so much in height between from and rear.  Is it common to have a 1.5" difference between the front and rear?  And, do you know what kind of springs they are?  

Thanks,

Dave