6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello Folks

After a long search I can not seem to find my answer. I have a 74 base model that had an awesome working horn, but a faulty turn signal Hi-low switch. I was able to source and swap the turn signal lever that works great, but now the horn beeps whenever the key is turned on I have a Momo wheel and hub,  I have tried to ensure that the ring is centered but as soon as the spring "button" extending from the hub comes in contact with the ring... BEEP! Anyone have a clue as to what I could be missing or doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.    

Dan.

Having a similar problem everytime i turn the wheel the horn just keeps beeping i disconnected it for now until i can trace the wires im sure something is making contact where its not supposed to good luck in tracing the issue

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The horn works by the ground side completing the circuit, not the hot side.  Thus the horn button, contact on the steering wheel and the brass ring on the steering column housing are all grounds;   they're carefully insulated from the rest of the body.

Sounds like something in that circuit is contacting a metal part of the body, thus inadvertently completing the circuit.  Sometimes the contact wire that connects the horn button with the spring-loaded contact will contact the steering wheel retaining nut or the steering column itself.  Start troubleshooting the ground circuit, starting with the horn button and working back to the wiring under the dash.  

mike