mike

I missed Wolfgang's birthday!

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Dang!  I can only plead that we were traveling and I completely forgot his birthday.  

Wolfgang (named for Mozart) came together on 6 Feb 1969; I got him on 4 May '69 from Bavarian Motors on Northern Blvd in Queens, after a 4 month wait due to an East Coast dock strike that halted all shipping on the Atlantic side.  I've had him ever since; odometer now reads 224k miles.  

Repainted in 2001 after all his rust (and that was a lot after 30 Ohio winters) was repaired--over a six year period.  Interior is all original (even the carpets!) as is the tranny and differential.  And I may have the only Porsche synchro tranny with a good second gear synchronizer!  A valve job at 157k is the only engine work done. 

Ludwig and I will see you at Mid America & Vintage; if all goes well Wolfgang and I will be at Ofest this year.

That's Wolfgang on the right (Nevada) and Ludwig on the left (Sahara).

cheers

mike

Ludwig & Wolfgang III 5-3-17.jpg

Edited by mike
  • Like 5

Beautiful car, happy belated birthday to Wolfgang. I’m a sucker for the early cars. Nevada early cars with a roof are the best. Love an original owner story. Thanks for the help you given through the years. Alex

The years have been a friend to them both with your help...hope to see you and Eileen soon...Barney

22 hours ago, beammmer said:

Ha, Better get them indoors, could be snowing soon.

Don

Don, Too accurate. Yesterday it was warm, almost 50F. I was crawling around on the garage floor under my old car. We woke up to a foot of snow. Another 6-8 inches expected. The tractor is back in the garage taking up valuable work space. Alex

184DB69C-2B4D-4604-8C2D-B1B30485B2A9.jpeg

Mike, this is what happens (the forgetfulness) sometimes when you are as old as dirt, like we are.