Fisher99

Hubcaps

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Price: $100

Description:

These 2 hubcaps are from my 1971 BMW 2002.  There are a few minor scratches from storage, but they have been stored since about a week after I bought the car brand new in 1971 and immediately replaced the stock wheels with mags.  Unfortunately I only have 2.  I sold the other two several years ago but these remained "lost" until I stumbled across them while cleaning the attic recently.  $100 for the pair (includes shipping). Sales only to the contiguous 48 states.

IMG_20180226_153245.jpg

Sorry, I bought these.  The seller's 2002 he bought new was totaled many years ago so that was his first and apparently last post.  Best bit for me is that I found someone only an hour's drive away, in a "2002 desert", who was an original owner.

Sympathetic restoration still ongoing, but generally following the plan.  Next spring is the target date for completion.  We could also meet in Walla Walla for a pint somewhere when that day comes.  The pic is blurry, but here are your hubcaps doing their thing on my '02 earlier this week.

-Gary

1530814693270.thumb.jpg.91ae95f29088355c8b30e91de16ea62d.jpg

• Like 2

I like those hubcaps!

question: will they fit any/all steelies early and late? I know the answer is most likely No, but I have some late model steelies and would like to fit hubcaps like these. Is that do-able?

On 7/14/2018 at 3:46 PM, jdt10768 said:

I like those hubcaps!

question: will they fit any/all steelies early and late? I know the answer is most likely No, but I have some late model steelies and would like to fit hubcaps like these. Is that do-able?

Your guess was correct.  You need the early 4.5" wide wheels.  All the later slotted steel wheels don't have the attachment points needed for the clips that hold the hubcaps on.  I  imagine someone has fabricated something as a one-off to make it work if they wanted wider wheels, but loved the hubcap look. Probably would involve welding new custom clips to the hubcaps that attach to the slots in the later wheels.

-Gary

• Like 1