Crumbod

Leeds on a rear seat

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi, it was nice to meet some of you at Alki, my first 02 event!

I am looking for a rear seat, black if in good condition, but at least solid springs/frame.

Trying here to see if I can find locally. Thanks. Dave

I grew up in Anacortes!  I'll try to remember to reach out, the next time I'm up there. 

I don't have a rear seat, but an upholstery shop here in Seattle was able to take my wretched old back seat and restore to better than new.  Not necessarily cheap, but it's sweet!

Would love to hook up when you are up here. My problem is I don't have a seat in any condition. I think the only thing that didn't come with the car.

We've been up here since 87, love living here. 

See you soon.

Dave

I have a rear seat out of my 76 that I would get rid of, I’m swapping in e24 rears.

Its tan vinyl.

i also have a full black leather rear e24 setup if you are interested. Message me

just joined this group ...

i live in Bend ... but i have a 'core' set of standard seats ...

there are a few places that will sell new covers if you are up to the task of fitment

springs are great ... stuffing is fine

i believe i have them listed at 150 ...

open to offers

cheers

I've got the rear seat vinyl, from a earlier 70's vintage, not sure exactly the year, and I have the bottom portion, black "woven look". one small tear that can be repaired with contact cement, and patch on the inside. No heat sealed foam, all cleaned off the back side.

Edited by Russell74Fjord
correction

On 2/27/2018 at 9:51 PM, wheelieking said:

I grew up in Anacortes!  I'll try to remember to reach out, the next time I'm up there. 

I don't have a rear seat, but an upholstery shop here in Seattle was able to take my wretched old back seat and restore to better than new.  Not necessarily cheap, but it's sweet!

Hey there. Where do you have the work done and did you like it.  I'm thinking of redoing my interior in seattle and would love a referral. Thank,you!

On 4/21/2018 at 9:58 PM, Dan Seattle said:

Hey there. Where do you have the work done and did you like it.  I'm thinking of redoing my interior in seattle and would love a referral. Thank,you!

Crap, sorry for the delayed reply!  I had Rick's Upholstery do it.  They are on 99/Aurora in North Seattle.  I went in wanting new front seats, and a refinished rear.  I ended up having them also install seats 3 point belts all around that I bought from another forum member here.   They did great work, so my main tip would be to be a stickler to the quote, and have them call you before they get too involved.  Ultimately I think they probably spent too much time on my rear seat for what I was looking for.  It looks great, but it wasn't cheap, and I came away spending more than I intended...  

Also, I'm pretty tall, and I wished I'd been more involved in mocking up the front seats.   Feel free to PM me if you end up down in Seattle and want to look at the end result.

Cheers!

https://www.google.com/search?q=rick's upholstery&oq=ricks+up&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.6616j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=47756736,-122441834,9479&tbm=lcl&rldimm=7515478031738864306&ved=0ahUKEwjLj9Tg4ofbAhVDKGMKHUEbCqIQvS4ITjAA&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!2m4!1e17!4m2!17m1!1e2!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10#rlfi=hd:;si:7515478031738864306;mv:!1m3!1d89455.72110254235!2d-122.43822055!3d47.7296204!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i328!2i400!4f13.1;tbs:lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!2m4!1e17!4m2!17m1!1e2!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10