Sign in to follow this  
Pigpen

Fastest 2002

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

Fastest 2002 in the West Coast TABS2.5 Challenge VARA opener:IMG_0015.thumb.JPG.e7ceeb92ac210c63a486ad290c66c69c.JPG28378073_1177744322355829_1626299154860867584_n.jpg.79df015c32f55489905854e3c60fcd98.jpg  Driver Sam Smith smoked the field!

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

• Like 5

Is it that Sam Smith, or another one?

(I suspect there are several...)

heh

t

I love Sam Smith's work - he's a great writer.  I think it is so cool he does this type of racing, being he is constantly on the move - he somehow makes time for it.  

Through some weird circumstances, I ended up with the voltage regulator from his Dad's old race car.  It is working great in my car.  

How great is it that these guys race an 02?  Rock on!

Scott

3 hours ago, saaron said:

I love Sam Smith's work - he's a great writer.  I think it is so cool he does this type of racing, being he is constantly on the move - he somehow makes time for it.  

Through some weird circumstances, I ended up with the voltage regulator from his Dad's old race car.  It is working great in my car.  

How great is it that these guys race an 02?  Rock on!

Scott

Scott- not so sure that is the same guy as the writer....

50 minutes ago, jgerock said:

Scott- not so sure that is the same guy as the writer....

Jim - it is.

Cool to see that he is out there racing.  I'd be curious to get Ken and Mike's take on it, since they are out there racing together.

1 hour ago, AceAndrew said:

Cool to see that he is out there racing.  I'd be curious to get Ken and Mike's take on it, since they are out there racing together.

Confirming AA and others ... yes, it’s Sam Smith, the writer.

And yeah - that’s a fast 2002 racing program PigPen has; they work hard on it, and Sam is heavy on the go pedal. I was briefly tempted to call-up a professional racer who’s in my phone book and put him in my 2002 as a ‘hired shoe’ ... and, if necessary, I’d upgrade my car to the level of Sam’s B Sedan by installing sidedrafts and running Hoosiers. But for now I resist ... we have six BSL cars (downdraft carb class) running out of my shop, running laps times within a second of each other. That’s the kind of fun I enjoy these days. -KB

• Like 1

Sorry. I doubted folks based on his "I am so busy schedule" articles. Congrats to all racers! Nice to see the field of cars with 02's.  PigPen- it's been a long time since my visit to see you😕.

Yes, Sam was untouchable. His crew and setup on car was perfect. They had a stack of swaybars in different increments for testing, along with spring rates. Sure paid off big time 47315216b4b8be045a49e43cbc6e5202.jpg335ecc521c12224dd9954826e2216d83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MKINNA said:

Yes, Sam was untouchable. His crew and setup on car was perfect. They had a stack of swaybars in different increments for testing, along with spring rates. Sure paid off big time emoji469.png47315216b4b8be045a49e43cbc6e5202.jpg335ecc521c12224dd9954826e2216d83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So when are we going to see an article from him on this??  Hopefully the editors will not turn what he writes down.

Great pics!

48 minutes ago, jgerock said:

I doubted folks based on his "I am so busy schedule" articles.

I knew because I follow him on Insta, Jim!  I follow him, Jack Baruth, and Jason Cammisa - my favorite writers.

image.png.f4759301b16d5abbcff23e22572a3e76.png

Scott

Just now, saaron said:

I knew because I follow him on Insta, Jim!  I follow him, Jack Baruth, and Jason Cammisa - my favorite writers.

image.png.f4759301b16d5abbcff23e22572a3e76.png

Scott

Ugh.  Now I'll have to add more followers.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgerock said:

Now I'll have to add more followers.  

Oh, yeah, Rob Sass, too.  He is the PCA writer (as you probably know). 

I may have first "heard" of Sam via Roundel, actually.  

Scott