Big_Lebowski

February Austin, TX BMW 2002 and Vintage BMW C&C

19 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Finally getting around to sharing pics from our February ATX C&C.  Hard to believe this was our 25th C&C!  The weather wasn't the beat and kept some from making it out.  It wasn't bad enough to stop the trend of having a new 2002 show up for our C&C like we have the last 4 months.  We actually had three first time 02s show up.  😀   

 

How about the amazing job Barney did on his restoration?  That Turkis color is spectacular!!  How about Terry Sayther's recently resurrected 02 racer!   Check out all the window stickers showing all the wins Terry 02rs racked up.

IMG_20180220_131627_051.jpg

20180217_090447.jpg

20180217_084922.jpg

20180217_090128.jpg

20180217_081822.jpg

20180217_081806.jpg

20180217_075926.jpg

20180217_083432.jpg

20180217_090142.jpg

20180217_090200.jpg

20180217_090210.jpg

20180217_090246.jpg

20180217_090308.jpg

20180217_090317.jpg

20180217_090325.jpg

20180217_090354.jpg

20180217_090412.jpg

20180217_090423.jpg

IMG_20180221_063358_861.jpg

IMG_20180219_220447_460.jpg

Screenshot_2018-02-17-18-55-22.png

Screenshot_2018-02-18-09-51-46.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice turn out, Greg. 

 

Thanks for sharing, your eye for details always reflects in the pictures you take

 

JP

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to find out any upcoming ATX C&C. I'm from SAT and interested meeting 2002 owners. My daily driver is a 74 2002tii.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2018 at 3:17 PM, eurotii said:

Just wanted to find out any upcoming ATX C&C. I'm from SAT and interested meeting 2002 owners. My daily driver is a 74 2002tii.

 

Eurotic, send me your contact info and I'll keep you posted on any of our Austin area get togethers.  We have a monthly Cars and Coffee & monthly lunch meet up.  Terry Sayther puts together a fantastic weekend event twice a year called 02berfest.  Its in Fredericksburg and includes some awesome country driving.  The Spring event is just around the corner at the end of March.  Greg

 

Greg.Resa@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2018 at 3:17 PM, eurotii said:

Just wanted to find out any upcoming ATX C&C. I'm from SAT and interested meeting 2002 owners. My daily driver is a 74 2002tii.

I'm in SA as well.  While there are some really nice '02's down here, you rarely see them out and about or congregating together since there isn't any one stepping into a leadership role for classic euro cars. If you wanted to talk air filters with some corvettes, mustangs or camaros you could easily find that two -three times a week. 

 

Occasionally you'll see one out at cars and coffee on the second Saturday of every month...it might even be yours! The weather has been so crummy this fall and winter that I haven't taken anything out to C&C since October but I'm hoping that the lousy Smarch weather takes a break.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Austin gathering has folks willing to drive all the way from Houston... San Antonio is an easy drive in comparison. 

 

Austin C&C is 3rd Sat of the month at Mozarts / Hula Hut parking lot about 8:00-9:00 AM

 

Terry Sayther's Spring 02berfest is in Fredericksburg again March 22-25, staying at the Peachtree Inn. 

 

5a933dc52da36_TexasOctoberfestRallyOct2017...29(1of1).thumb.jpg.282713246125a84532733b7823160404.jpg

 

IMG_8542.thumb.JPG.01dbdba804960ce09bf2971fab897c2a.JPG

 

Ed

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Essem.w said:

I'm in SA as well.  While there are some really nice '02's down here, you rarely see them out and about or congregating together since there isn't any one stepping into a leadership role for classic euro cars. If you wanted to talk air filters with some corvettes, mustangs or camaros you could easily find that two -three times a week. 

 

Occasionally you'll see one out at cars and coffee on the second Saturday of every month...it might even be yours! The weather has been so crummy this fall and winter that I haven't taken anything out to C&C since October but I'm hoping that the lousy Smarch weather takes a break.

 

Essem.w, Pretty sure I've included you on our monthly C&C reminders.  Unless I have an incorrect cell number for you...  Would love for you to join us some time if you can sneak a morning in.  Eddie Williams is the only other active 02r down in San Antonio that I know of.  He's driven up for one of our C&Cs.  There's another 02r that is working his up and hopes to make it road worthy to be able to join us.  Also had a San Antonian buy an 02 from one of our Austin 02rs and him and his son picked it up Saturday. He's new to the 02 world and is excited to get get it going.   

 

Look forward to meeting you in person!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zinz said:

Our Austin gathering has folks willing to drive all the way from Houston... San Antonio is an easy drive in comparison. 

 

Austin C&C is 3rd Sat of the month at Mozarts / Hula Hut parking lot about 8:00-9:00 AM

 

Terry Sayther's Spring 02berfest is in Fredericksburg again March 22-25, staying at the Peachtree Inn. 

 

5a933dc52da36_TexasOctoberfestRallyOct2017...29(1of1).thumb.jpg.282713246125a84532733b7823160404.jpg

 

IMG_8542.thumb.JPG.01dbdba804960ce09bf2971fab897c2a.JPG

 

Ed

 

Ed, just noticed Brandon making a face in the group picture.  Ha!  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Essem.w said:

I'm in SA as well.  While there are some really nice '02's down here, you rarely see them out and about or congregating together since there isn't any one stepping into a leadership role for classic euro cars. If you wanted to talk air filters with some corvettes, mustangs or camaros you could easily find that two -three times a week. 

 

Occasionally you'll see one out at cars and coffee on the second Saturday of every month...it might even be yours! The weather has been so crummy this fall and winter that I haven't taken anything out to C&C since October but I'm hoping that the lousy Smarch weather takes a break.

For 15 years I drove my Touring around SAT and only a couple of times saw another '02. Had to drive over to Berts Motor Werks (Tezel Rd) to see another.

Now in Manchester, TN, and it's waaaay worse.:wacko:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 02Les said:

For 15 years I drove my Touring around SAT and only a couple of times saw another '02. Had to drive over to Berts Motor Werks (Tezel Rd) to see another.

Now in Manchester, TN, and it's waaaay worse.:wacko:

 

I know its been a while since you moved, curious if you know if the one you mentioned at Berts Motor Werks might still be there?  I googled them and looks like a couple nice 02s sitting in front of the shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now