Suam92

BMW 2002 electronic module wiring

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello friends!

i own a bmw 2002 car that has been completely rebuild and I’m on the point where I will start the car for the first time!

i have a electronic module bmw(telefunken)  1 705 608 (pic) and a blue coil. Can you please tell me how to wire it? it has one small and one big connector. I have connected the  small connector with the distributor and The store that I bought it told me to use 2 specific wires from the big plug. One green and one black from the module and leave the others. Any help is appreciated!

26C5F1B3-7A0F-4002-9976-5A1047BF8BF9.jpeg

Hello!

Has your engine been replaced with one from an e30 318i?  That module looks like the one used on the 1984-85 (US spec.) car.  If it has, take a look at the wiring diagram for that model.

Not sure if it matches what you have but it may point you in the right direction (see module in the lower left):

Pages from 1984 BMW 318i Electrical Troubleshooting Manual.jpg

Edited by Healey3000

The car has a m10 2000cc engine I think it’s around 1975 model

I just know that this module works with this engine. And I have to use 2 cables green and black from module. I think I will try this schematic:{pic}

+12v to green in coil and in module and black from module to other end of coil. 

79AB2BEE-4CFC-4ADA-86F7-8BFD700D6E26.gif

In that case, you do have a Hall pickup in your distributor (no points or condenser).  Your schematic matches the one I included above in that the green and black wires have the same function.  I think you are on the right track.

Don't forget to connect the shield of the trigger wire to the terminal shown on the bottom of the Solid State box in your schematic (it might be integrated in the connector from the Hall sensor.

Edited by Healey3000

Thank you for your answers!!!

What do you mean shield of trigger? i have i fixed connector from the control unit to the distributor. you can see it in my photo!!

You are welcome!

The cable from the distributor to the module is a shielded type.  If you look at either of the two schematics, you will see that there are two wires going to the distributor but the shield around them is connected only at the module end.  Look for the word "shield" on one and "shielded" on the other schematic.  Without the shield connected, you run the risk of picking up noise and having false triggering of the coil.

It is likely that the connector has the shield brought to the correct pin.  Disconnect it and see if there is a metal shell that connects with metal on the module side connector.  Your photograph does not show that level of detail so it's hard to tell.