8 posts in this topic Last Reply

So 20 years ago I purchased a new core support and grills for my 1972 2002. Just now doing a nut and bolt resto, car on a rotissory. I just reassembled the head light buckets and fit them in the core support with grills and they don't mesh. I have "sunkin lights". Please tell me there's a cheaper fix than a pair of euro buckets from W & N. Also need to know the "how to" of up loading pictures to this site, have some parts I'd like to sell and all I get is "There was a problem uploading the file." Help!

Do you have deep grilles and need the grille inserts that take up space around the headlamp bezels?

GL,

5 minutes ago, ray_ said:

the grille inserts that take up space around the headlamp bezels?

Are you referring to these, Ray?

001.thumb.JPG.f41bdabee625e8e7661a5d9d690edc8b.JPG005.thumb.JPG.b4bcfed3046a186bab49416dce63c8ee.JPG

I think that is what these are, based on prior FAQ discussions.

Funny thing, I went looking for the photos and it turns out I took them exactly two years ago today, on 2/13/16.

k.  not very funny.  coincidental though.

Post them again in 2020 😁😁

3 hours ago, '76mintgrun'02 said:

Are you referring to these, Ray?

001.thumb.JPG.f41bdabee625e8e7661a5d9d690edc8b.JPG005.thumb.JPG.b4bcfed3046a186bab49416dce63c8ee.JPG

The asymmetric rings (above) lock into the sealed beam retainer rings and are one way to solve the sunken headlight issue on U.S.-spec '02's, by filling the "gap", as Ray mentions.  But U.S. cars, in approximately January 1972, began receiving "shallow grilles", which obviated the need for the asymmetric rings, allowing the lower outer corners of the sealed beam to protrude a bit from the grille's trim ring. So shallow grilles are another way to solve the sunken-headlight problem.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

I was thinking about making appropriately sized spacers to insert between the bucket and the car body behind. This would bring the whole lamp forwards and better fill the grilles.