• Upcoming Events

DavidLMM

trim rings and whitewalls

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

We are in the early stages of restoring an anthrazit '61 Coupe at Lane Motor Museum in Nashville. We've had pretty good luck rounding up most of the parts we need, but have come up short on rolling stock. Can anyone point us to some wide whitewalls (12" wheels) and/or trim rings for same?

Thanks!

David

Ray - yes, that's the one. I never even got to drive it before they started taking it apart. Those that did said it was a lot of fun.

Scotty - no, not at all, but we can find blackwalls here in the States. We're hoping to find wide-ish whitewalls like those that came on some of the Lux(?) cars shown in period brochures.Want to talk about cost prohibitive? Try finding rear tires for a Renault R5 Turbo 2! Last year, Longstone was the only place we could find some - a lone Michelin tarmac rally tire was the only tire in the world, essentially a DOT-R race tire. A pair, shipped, was almost $1300! They have a few choices now, still over a grand per pair.

David

David,

I tried the link I supplied, didn't appear to work.  If not, open the Longstone site and search: 520x12 B.F.G Whitewall.  Good luck,

Scott

David,

Is it a 60 or 61? 

Email Andreas 

Andreas.Harz@bmwgroup.com

With the VIN and find out.

Regards, Ray

According to Classic, it's a '61. Will look at the tires again when I get to the office. Thanks, everyone!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.