• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sacramento 02'ers... paint garage

dang

It's been awhile.  Here's some photos of progress.  I was going to clear coat the faux-patina but decided to just cut and polish instead.  The next owner might want to take the very solid and straight body and give it a good paint job so not clear coating it will make it easier.  I'd cut the front half of the truck when these were taken..

patina11.jpg

wet sanding.jpg

cut and polish.jpg

emblem.jpg

wheel3.jpg

wheels-tires2.jpg

front-left.jpg

side-right.jpg

cut and polish2.jpg

Edited by dang
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got side-tracked fixing my daughter's E90 wagon after an accident but I'm back working on the truck now.  Painted the running boards with enamel to make touch ups easier and now I'm cleaning up the engine compartment.

running-board-2.jpg

running-board.jpg

Edited by dang
  • Like 1

Hello to everyone in this group and a special congrats to Dang , not only for a job well done, but mainly for his contagious enthusiasm about Bmw's and working in cars in general.

Having a place like that to work in your projects is awesome. 

I also own some property in Rancho Cordova and have been thinking on making room for a work area. I have my eyes on a newer 30' x 50' metal shed in the back of the property. 

My present project is to bring my 73' 02' to 'performance' condition. I met with Eric from 'Fitted Garage' today to discuss a plan. They specialize on engine swaps and racing setups. My red 73' is in excellent 'stock' condition but lacks any decent power and is crying out for a suspension update. 

Sorry for not contacting you earlier. I'm sure you could have use an extra hand. But I run into your posting while getting information about my little project. 

Cheers to all....I great 2019.......and I hope to connect with you soon. I'm in Carmichael.

Daniel

73' Red Roundie

99' Porsche 911

12' MDX

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Another update.  Cleaning up the engine compartment.  I didn't want to go with the typical black firewall and wheel wells so I mixed gloss black with light gray to get an "industrial" looking color.  Turned out okay I think.  The air cleaner is just sitting on the carb for the photo and will get repainted, I don't like how it came out.  Just picked up some wiring and will tackle that next.

BTW, this is the first "selfie" I've ever taken.  Might be the last too...

engine paint.jpg

engine paint2.jpg

engine paint3.jpg

engine paint4.jpg

engine paint5.jpg

engine paint6.jpg

engine paint7.jpg

Edited by dang
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's official, I've moved on to the next project.  I buy salvage for a living and came across this donated '69 2800 4psd.  I spent a lot of time looking over the photos and decided it was a good car.  Once I saw it in person it turned out being very solid and original.  Last registered in '94 so all the systems have to be gone through...

IMG_20190523_180939687_HDR.jpg

Edited by dang

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors