dlacey

Replacing turbo exhaust manifold - options?

47 posts / 5099 viewsLast Reply

There's really not enough demand...we need to commit 50-100pcs for it to make economic sense...

There’s a guy in Germany on the 2002 Facebook page that said he’s going to do a run of manifolds in the €300 Range.  

ED828F01-8AFC-4CBF-BA33-59B682AAB63A.png

For Euro 300 I would chance it, but it may crack just the same unless he knows what kind of material it should be.

• Like 1

Hello to everyone.

I am from Austria and i also own a Turbo.

BMW now offers cpl. factory-build turbos for about 5K €.

Can be found on the BMW Classic homepage.

Regards

Markus

• Like 1

I guess I need to make a decision about whether or not I can afford to get this car running.

Hello to everyone.
I am from Austria and i also own a Turbo.
BMW now offers cpl. factory-build turbos for about 5K €.
Can be found on the BMW Classic homepage.
Regards
Markus

Yes, it’s listed, but, no it’s not available. Wish it was.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just acquired a spare exhaust manifold.  I would be willing to part with it to someone with a real Turbo that needs one.  It is in perfect shape with no cracks, the gasket surfaces are flat with no pitting and the 4 Inconel turbocharger mounting studs are there. I am thinking about having my other spare manifold ceramic coated and I would be happy to do this one as well.   

Myself I'm not too much into turbos, always preferred the A4s from Alpina.

But a friend while fetching the turbo seats I redid for him told me yesterday, that they're currently trying to repro a batch of turbo exhaust manifolds.

928586538_IMG_20190614_1909247782.thumb.jpg.ad8b634329e94c63fce37d173ea72689.jpg

689524177_IMG_20190614_1909446882.thumb.jpg.c3073f91631df938cea63bcfdf2dc223.jpg

1534724174_IMG_20190614_1910531862.thumb.jpg.0e0c6fcc90e46cd8ac2fcfe158b7586e.jpg

Lots of 2002turbo experience since the 80s he would be the one for me to ask, should I ever have a question on any detail. I'd estimate he had somewhere in between 50-100 turbos going through his hands over the years - not only a private enthusiast for himself but also an old car's dealer.

If there's any interest here, I can try to follow this project and post here, if there might be a successful outcome. Currently they do have the 3D scans ready and are working on a better alloy (not sure if that's the correct translation / I'm german / "Legierung" is the german word) than the original one, as he has told me.

Best regards, Lars.

Hi Lars,

I am certainly interested, I have repaired manifold for my car now, but something new to eventually replace it would be a good idea.

Dave@Malaysia

Those seats look a bit puffy to me. Course I’ve never seen brand new ones back in the day. Anyone else has?

Search out the original sales brochure.

i think it i in pdf form somewhere, and if so please make it available, I can't find mine in the archives.....