Wgmack

Alpina E21 C1 identification help

4 posts / 663 viewsLast Reply

Does anyone know this car?  It is the same car shown in one of the photos on the E21 website and I thought someone here might recognize it or know the previous owner.  

I am looking at possibly purchasing it it and I am trying to verify authenticity/history.  It has many correct Alpina parts, but no dash plaque.  If anyone has any information on this car that they could share, it would be very much appreciated.

http://www.bmwe21.net/?page_id=301

15CBFCA9-3281-4E22-AF0E-7C0DA8517327.jpeg

9D62395C-11A9-4561-B1D1-52DC4997C944.jpeg

Trunk spoiler isn't correct, front stripes neither, engine vin plate? More pics, lateral view, interior, engine...

Enviado desde mi SM-N950U mediante Tapatalk

I checked the VIN with syntner and they have no record of it.  I didn’t take enough pictures when I went to check it out.  The seats do not have the alpina fabric but appear to be Recaro Idealsitz redone in black cloth.  The vin plate has the Alpina logo, looks legit enough, and has plenty of patina.  It has a well running M20 engine with an alpina valve cover.  If anything was once a nice C1 clone that now needs a lot of TLC...