RhodyM20

Sold Repainted E21 basketweaves

9 posts / 928 viewsLast Reply

Price: $400

Description:

Breaks my heart to sell these but I need the cash for something else more pressing. Freshly repainted, never mounted. Beautiful condition. I bought these for my E21 but if I do anything other than the MIMs it's currently riding on, it will be to go back to the stock steel wheels. 

Asking $400 + shipping. $400 is what I have into painting and not the wheels themselves. Pickup is preferred in / near Warwick, RI, but I will ship on your dime (bear in mind, "dime" means boxes and packing materials in addition to cost of freight itself.) 

I do have the center caps - they will be included but could use new roundel stickers. Thanks for looking. 

20180108_203749.jpg

20180108_203751.jpg

20180108_203754.jpg

20180108_203756.jpg

20180108_203758.jpg

20180108_203803.jpg

Hi,

Yes, 13 x 5.5 and I believe ET 18.  These are from a later E21 with the sport package and are not branded BBS or Mahle (I believe earlier wheels were). 

Always silver. Made in Germany. Will post more pics tonight.

Jeff

6 hours ago, doza59 said:

Hi .

I'm interested.  Are these 13" x 5.5 " whats the offset ? Are these branded BBS or Mahle? Were these original Gold or always silver?

Can you send pics of the back side? Made in Germany? 

Thanks.

Doza

These were produced for BMW in Italy by FPS (Foundry Pedrini Siena)

• Like 1

(edited)
14 hours ago, golf73 said:

These were produced for BMW in Italy by FPS (Foundry Pedrini Siena)

FPS is a long-time supplier of alloy rims to BMW, including all of the early OEM ‘02 alloy rims (both period and the current production) and at least half of the late OEM ‘02 alloy rims (Mahle seems to have made less than half of the late OEM ‘02 alloy rims).  Their rims are strictly on par with the versions manufactured by Mahle.  

The following may be too facile, and thus not entirely accurate, but I’m guessing that the 5 1/2” mesh rims were ET18 and cast by FPS whereas the 6” mesh rims were ET13 and cast by BBS-Mahle.  (Whether or not the above characterization is entirely accurate, I'm pretty confident I've never seen a BBS-Mahle in a 5 1/2" width.)

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1