Kidasters

Well - I've reached my last resort on the Bultaco

22 posts in this topic Last Reply

It seems so long ago that I took my 1966 Bultaco Mercurio 175 apart.  It is not making progress.  I'm pretty sure I did nothing to it in 2016.  It's time to surrender.

I researched some shops, and I think I've found one that will work.  He's been building bikes for 25 years, and he seems pretty fired up about my project.

Pulled it out of the garage yesterday.  I'll trailer it over to his shop next weekend.

Here's how it looked yesterday:

IMG_0310_zpsweftlswy.jpg

• Like 1

That thing looks like it will run right now :)

And, when did you last drive your '02? Huh? Huh??

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stay on topic.

No - it won't run.  It has no electrical harness at all.  Carb is all out of tune.  I think there is a problem with the clutch or the transmission.  I've done a lot of work, but a lot more work needs to be done.

Hopeful.

Well, good that progress is being made. :)

I'm going easy on ya now! :P

Thanks Jim.

Yeah - it seems like time is just getting harder and harder to manage.  Over Christmas, I took 2 weeks off, and did zero in the garage.  For 2018, I'd like to drive ALL of the stuff more.

I'm still waiting for you to post an update on your Porsche. 

1 hour ago, Kidasters said:

Pulled it out of the garage yesterday.  I'll trailer it over to his shop next weekend.

sure looks nice!  hope it is done for riding season!

1 hour ago, Kidasters said:

Yeah - it seems like time is just getting harder and harder to manage.  Over Christmas, I took 2 weeks off, and did zero in the garage.  For 2018, I'd like to drive ALL of the stuff more.

I'm still waiting for you to post an update on your Porsche. 

i took a week off over the holidays.  left for work each day around 11am, came "home" at 5pm.  "work" in this case was my shop.  it was awesome twisting wrenches on multple projects for a week straight. rarely get that chance.

the 911 is frozen behind my house in a trailer with my spare K75S.

Edited by mlytle

Ken likes to get motivated to work in the garage about... late July/early August. That's when things are most pleasant in Houston :blink:

Looks like you poor saps in the NE are about to get blasted again with more snow... good times.

'Twas a glorious day here in CenTex.  Barney and I trailered the CS to the media blaster.  Hope to have it in the paint shop late Friday for primer.  

IMG_9055.thumb.JPG.9e85805b6f03b45970825280fd210d7b.JPG

Ed

Edited by zinz
  • Like 1

Neither nice nor right.

Wait - CS?  When did this happen.  

I like it.

I think I'm also going to take all my body panels for my R90/6 to paint, and have them all painted flat black, and have a red pinstripe added to the tank.  That will look nice.  I also found some 70 mm motorsport roundels for the tank that will be very nice.

Edited by Kidasters

Msport Roundels on the tank. That'll be interesting. 

Greg is having his dad's old airhead re-worked up here in Austin. It's a pretty cool early bike and sidecar. 

IMG_9076.JPG.80cedad3f7d6001b71e995f52431b353.JPG

Ed

Well - almost ready to go.  Bultaco is in the backyard, spare parts are next to it.  I was able to pretty quickly pull the body panels off the BMW R90/6, and it's all ready to go too.  

It's exciting getting everything moving.