• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Portlanders here? [post a picture]

S-L

On 12/30/2017 at 11:21 AM, Johnny Riviera said:

In full disclosure, we are Portland-adjacent. Just north in Saint Helens.

Johnny, were you at the Audi Club event in November at PIR? I was in a white Chevy SS parked next to your trailer and I think I talked to you briefly about your Inka car as you were unloading it, before you went out to the infield for the AutoX.

If not, your car has a twin in PDX!

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Small world. I meant to get over to the autocross to watch your car run (and your buddy’s 911), but didn’t get a chance.

I’m sure I’ll be at PIR for another track day this year, but still waiting for all the schedules to get posted so not sure when. I’ll most likely be in the 2002 though.

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Folks, please go mark yourself on the member map for this (PNW) club. Currently, we're showing only 2 members in Portland - I know there's many more hiding in their shells...;)

The member map can be found in the club menu as the last option or directly linked here.

-Slavik

34 minutes ago, ckeen74 said:

Just re-found this group thanks to seller of the '74 tii on BaT... too bad I missed Fall Colors by a couple months, but that's what this year is for!

1972 BMW 2002tii front.jpg

1972 BMW 2002tii at Sonora Pass 1.JPG

Looks like a deal!

Please don't forget to add yourself to the member map so we can more effectively organize events according to our analytics.

-Slavik

On 1/9/2018 at 8:14 PM, Johnny Riviera said:

Will do! Here is the outfit that puts on the events I went to last year.

http://www.bcautosports.club/event-schedule/axsched/

Great group, just serious enough to put on a good event, relaxed enough not to suck the fun out of it.

Maybe if we get enough cars to show up they'll make a vintage class!

Sounds good.  Will look into it.  Let me know if you plan to go to the first event.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 2:03 PM, walkinfool said:

Hey slaviklungu, I’ve been an faq follower for a while but haven’t check in here for a bit. Here’s mine...cheers!

B5BF04A0-10B4-4760-B989-3D193116BD96.jpeg

Awesome! Where's a better place to reach you in case we do a meet up in Portland?

-Slavik

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors