NeueKlasseGuy

Street Build Starting

94 posts in this topic Last Reply

11 hours ago, j.m. said:

Those look like 2000-2005 era VW/Audi coils and the boots are already quite long.  The plus side is they're very cheap and perform well.

j.m.  You don't happen to know what the pinout is at the coil?  Searching but haven't hit on it yet. Jim

2 hours ago, jimk said:

j.m.  You don't happen to know what the pinout is at the coil?  Searching but haven't hit on it yet. Jim

I drive a b5 daily, I can throw a multimeter on there.  My coils are the style before those but it's a common 'upgrade' to swap those in with a new sub harness.  I believe only the connectors are different. 

Edited by j.m.
  • Like 1

There are two grounds, one for the signal and one to valve cover, a +12v, and the spark signal itself.  I believe they are the 2.0L TSI coils, can find pigtails all over the internet.  The signal wire is a smaller gauge than the rest and will help you orient pin 3CP_harness_pinout.thumb.png.79c9944d6fc8b102cd7060c85c3486fa.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, j.m. said:

There are two grounds, one for the signal and one to valve cover, a +12v, and the spark signal itself.  I believe they are the 2.0L TSI coils, can find pigtails all over the internet.  The signal wire is a smaller gauge than the rest and will help you orient pin 3CP_harness_pinout.thumb.png.79c9944d6fc8b102cd7060c85c3486fa.png

Thanks a million.  I had 1 and 4 figured out, but 2 & 3 can be hard to determine.  Had I dug further into the harness at the salvage yard pin 3 would have been evident.