NeueKlasseGuy

Street Build Starting

94 posts in this topic Last Reply

We received the first test/mock-up panel back from Bill the upholstery guy with the leather I chose.

What do you think? I really like it:

52886.thumb.jpg.ba470233410b3b7ecdc937f7d78c9d74.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I went up to Racecraft yesterday to pick up the Koepchen 02 to bring home for winter storage. While there I got a good look at the street 2002 Terry is building for me.

It is turning out better than I could have hoped for. Terry has been working on the grill, rear lights and trim, wiring, etc. He has also been preping the engine bay for installation of the S14.

I am particularly pleased with how the custom fenders turned out. They add just the right amount of muscularity to the otherwise slab sides.

Here are some pictures I shot:

2002_Rear_11_18.thumb.jpg.863afd6d2bdb9440177941faac4ea728.jpg

2002LftSide_11_18.thumb.jpg.c02a8f363cb7952ae7a0c72810dab675.jpg

2002CULR_11_18.thumb.jpg.0c76898aac5d6854faee12b9172ac730.jpg

2002LR_11_18.thumb.jpg.84dd860bd5b6718128119c7d8d66b8c4.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful work and superb color and interior.

Edited by Flunder

Time for another update.

Terry has been prepping the engine for fitment. This engine came from Rey Rivera and had been in a 2002. It had the correct mounts with it as well as a modified oil pan to clear the front cross member. It also has some bling I am not sure about. Terry is going to Scotch-brite it a little to take off some of the polish. He will also repaint the fuel rail and clean up some other stuff.

S14for2002.thumb.jpg.018711d88bc85c222b079c1484e510ac.jpg

We have a carbon air box similar to the one I have in my Asahi-Kiko M3 that we are going to use. It means deleting the brake booster and doing some other mods to make it fit. I'll post pictures as that process starts.

IMG_1380.thumb.jpg.f14bd796aedcf070022a46b032442793.jpg

All the hardware for the front suspension came back from the plater as well so Terry can begin finally assembly. I'll post some pictures as that comes together in a few days.

Very nice. As you're probably aware, a CF plenum which clears the booster is available.

Cheers,

Nice work, and a great vision to work towards.  

I think those are my favorite flares - but what you did with them makes them even better.  

Keep up the updates!

Scott

Steve, its a beautiful thing.  Looking forward to seeing it on the ground with those H&B wheels....nice work as usual.

Your build is stratospheric. I thought I was doing OK with mine. You are doing everything I dream about doing for mine. 

Will love to know when it is done. So I'll know when to stay away from McMinnville. 

If you are ever passing through Salem, please let me know so I can put mine in the garage and cover it up....

This is an amazing build. 

Don't know of a scotch brite but blasting with glass beads would give it a nice finish. This is going to be one hell of a street ride!🖒

The nub on the water pump shaft if not used can be removed to give more gap to the radiator.