Joesprocket

metal plate inside cavity of car

6 posts / 405 viewsLast Reply

hey everyone - I've got a random one that I'm not even quite sure how to search. Long story short - i bought new 'kernals' for the door latch to help with difficulties closing the door. I figured why not clean the entire door latch assembly after years of grease and grime. No problem removing the receiver and it's 4 screws (1 larger and 3 smaller). When I went to reinstall, I lined up the receiver with the holes upon placing a screw through, a plate on the reverse side of the body fell down to the bottom of inside the car and is seemingly unreachable. Crap. I'm already trying to use a magnet extension to try and grab it by stick it down inside the holes but not having any luck. Any other access points would be really helpful.

IMG_8843.JPG

Have you taken the interior trim panel out of the rear? You can reach the back of the lock plate there (though perhaps not where it ended up). 

2 minutes ago, Simeon said:

Have you taken the interior trim panel out of the rear? You can reach the back of the lock plate there (though perhaps not where it ended up). 

I havn't but perhaps if i do it will give me access all the way at the bottom of the car. Thanks Simeon.

1 hour ago, Simeon said:

Yes, with the trim panel removed you will find the fallen plate in a crevice just behind the door latch panel.