• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebuilt Getrag 235/5 Dogleg Gearboxes For Sale

Ak_e21

Price: $100

Description:

I have for sale 3x original Getrag 235/5 close ratio Dogleg Gearboxes. All three gearboxes have recently undergone a complete rebuild (costing £2000 alone each) to replace all worn parts, including seals/gaskets/synchros/races/bearings that needed to be replaced. None of the gearboxes have been used after the rebuild, so these are in brand new condition (see attached pictures below). Gearbox comes with rebuild receipt as proof of what's been carried out.

Taking into consideration the rarity of these gearboxes plus their comprehensive rebuilds, I'm looking for offers around £5750 each. 

Collection available from London UK. Worldwide shipping available if required.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by Ak_e21

18 minutes ago, m-tuner said:

put the  7500 in the motor and you won't need close gears, I ran a stroker 2.3 with 48dcoes, about 230 hp and a 4speed, i only used 2 gears on the track, and beat guys with close gears

Im not sure how you've worked that out? A brand new bare 2.3L block alone is over $5800 without any hardware. Then you have the oil pump, sump, con rods, pistons (add another $4k as a minimum for these parts)...and that's just for the bottom end alone. This would already outspend $7500 by a LONG shot. Great input here, if only it was actually realistic....

5 hours ago, Ak_e21 said:

Im not sure how you've worked that out? A brand new bare 2.3L block alone is over $5800 without any hardware. Then you have the oil pump, sump, con rods, pistons (add another $4k as a minimum for these parts)...and that's just for the bottom end alone. This would already outspend $7500 by a LONG shot. Great input here, if only it was actually realistic....

Yeah - 7,500 for the motor described ... perhaps in 1980? And, the idea of two gears on a track is quite-dependent on track configuration / layout.

Ak-e21: That’s nice work you describe, and - presuming these boxes perform as new - your asking price is probably ‘gettable’ to the right buyer(s). One day soon I’ll reach out to you about acquiring parts for a couple of 245/10 boxes I have... (or, I’d have you rebuild them if you come across the pond.) -KB

8 hours ago, kbmb02 said:

Yeah - 7,500 for the motor described ... perhaps in 1980? And, the idea of two gears on a track is quite-dependent on track configuration / layout.

Ak-e21: That’s nice work you describe, and - presuming these boxes perform as new - your asking price is probably ‘gettable’ to the right buyer(s). One day soon I’ll reach out to you about acquiring parts for a couple of 245/10 boxes I have... (or, I’d have you rebuild them if you come across the pond.) -KB

Kbmb02: my thoughts exactly in terms of the price for a stroked 2.3L motor. I'm sure if it was that cheap then we all would be running that setup. As you know, there's many other variables such as diff, tyres, suspension set-up etc.

appreciate your comments regarding the 235/5 gearboxes. Indeed, I agree and as the original post states, I'm looking for offers around that price. So happy to listen to sensible offers via PM for any interested parties. Sure no problem in terms of 245/10 parts and happy to further discuss once you're ready. Alternatively, if you send them to the UK, then I can get them rebuilt for you :)

I have been building race motors for 45 years, the close ratio 4 cylinder  box you show was a porsche synco  style box known for eating the sliding ring s  bmw changed the design in the mid 7 s to  blocking ring cone/ brass synos  no  rolity to porsche , this trans was uses in e21 and e30 bmws,   I used a e21 euro 320i close ratio in the 1800 tisa  i built and raced in vintage racing  in the 80 s I am aware of the advantage it is, usually combined with a 390/411 reared gear on a tight street corse, on a long road corse not somuch so, nice job restoring the trans,  I build m10 stroker motors 92x88  using the 2002/318 block with no failures     Bruce M-tuner

3 hours ago, m-tuner said:

I have been building race motors for 45 years, the close ratio 4 cylinder  box you show was a porsche synco  style box known for eating the sliding ring s  

no no, they do not eat the whole rings, they just nibble a bit ;-) 

But in fact, I have not that big problems with the sync. In the Trophy we have 325 E30 group A cars with 235 gearsets (2,33-1,0) in the e30 gearbox housing. Works well and much cheaper in these days than a 265 box with 2,33 gearset.

20170916_192948.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, m-tuner said:

the 265 close ratio  was very realiable, had it in a 535 alpina and a euro 635csi  , money wise you can buy  a  rally sequential 6 speed used , out of england or germany, a lot of m3 race cars have been converted to these transmissions

Nice idea, but it will takes around 5seconds and you will have a big penalty in historic racing ln Group A pre88 when you come to the race with a sequenzial 6speed. If I remember correct, the first homologation for M3 Group A of a 6speed gearbox (not sequenzial) was in 89. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...