Turbo article

JackF

3 hours ago, yeewiz said:

Very nice, thanks Jack.  How do you feel about the car now?

Well, he bought it. I prefer the look of the Campy's but there is no question that the car needed better rubber, and where do you get that in 13's. Really, I modded that car up beyond belief so how do I complain. The experience of the restoration was great. Paying top pros to do it sucked, but I couldn't have done it. It was a total basket case when I bought it. Robert has  the resources to drive it. I ended up with so much in it I couldn't risk it and from start to finish I built that car to be a driver.

I had great support from everyone here which was gratifying and very much appreciated, because all the way though it I was looking in the mirror going, "You are the dumbest....!" It was time to sell and put the money back into the family account as I was more than a little underhanded in the way I paid for it and that was dishonest and I like this girl of mine, so...! It is, by a wide margin, the nicest car I ever have owned or will likely own, at this point. 

35 minutes ago, arminyack said:

I love the bug-spattered, dirty car as the photos show...it means hes driving the hell out it...as it is meant to be! Good stuff. Those that let a cars value determine that it sits in a garage, or worse yet, a trailer queen, have lost the point!

Easy for you to say! You walk in your shoes. I'll walk in mine! If we are ever at an event together. please introduce yourself!

8 hours ago, JackF said:

Well, he bought it. I prefer the look of the Campy's but there is no question that the car needed better rubber, and where do you get that in 13's.

Quite candidly a new set of Pirelli CN-36's would look lovely on that car (better than what is on there now in my opinion, but then I am biased towards the 'old' stuff).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JackF said:

Easy for you to say! You walk in your shoes. I'll walk in mine! If we are ever at an event together. please introduce yourself!

Too true....but my motto is "Drive it....or don't buy it!" I met a guy @ The Best of France and Italy this year who drove his Ferrari 365 GTB 15K miles this year so far! A bit extreme.....I guess if you have the means...do it!

12 hours ago, markmac said:

Quite candidly a new set of Pirelli CN-36's would look lovely on that car (better than what is on there now in my opinion, but then I am biased towards the 'old' stuff).

+1

And if you’d like to spend more, get a wee bit more grip, but a shorter tread life, the Michelin XDX in 185/70VR13 is perfectly period for a factory turbo.

Regards,

Steve