• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think the threads on my 32-36 are M10 x 1.0 

DISCLAIMER 

I now disagree with some of the timing advice I have given in the past.  I misinterpreted the distributor curves in the Blue Book. 

I've switched from using ported-vacuum to manifold, with better results. 

I apologize for spreading misinformation.  (3-28-2024)

It's possible....

...that there is more than one answer to this question!

the 32/36 has been around a LooooOOooooOOnnnnngggg  time....

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I agree.

I don't think they are all the same.

Seems especially likely/possible when you consider that there are GenUine WeBers as well as KnOck Offs.

Here is the style that mine uses

https://www.ebay.com/i/301595055722?chn=ps&dispctrl=1 

Picture 2 of 2

DISCLAIMER 

I now disagree with some of the timing advice I have given in the past.  I misinterpreted the distributor curves in the Blue Book. 

I've switched from using ported-vacuum to manifold, with better results. 

I apologize for spreading misinformation.  (3-28-2024)

My vintage* Bressol knock off uses a threaded connection that I am pretty sure is tapered but some have pressed in so I think Toby makes a good point. 

* I call it vintage because it dates back to before knockoffs were fashionable. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Ok so some small and unexpected progress. I received my VDO oil gauge, with "metric" adapters. I found one in the kit that screws into the Weber properly, that would give me a  1/8 -27 NPT out that I can use an adapter to get my -6 connected to.  I still have my order coming from Japan for my BST fitting, I wonder if the two are identical?.  I will check to see if there is any information on the adapters in the metric VDO sender kit.

Regards

MV

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

Ok so I think we have it. 

"Metric kit. Includes VDO Ohm range sender (10-180 Ohms) 1/8-27NPT sender with M16, M14, M12 x 1.0, M10x1.0 & 1/8x28BSP adapters"

I bet it is a 1/8x28bsp.  I will check the other threads tomorrow. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

Ok, so I have had a problem with the fuel pressure being too high in my car.  Likely for a while.  I put on a Holley regulator, but didn't work I changed out the Pierberg mechanical for a "Clackity Clackity" pump to see if there was a mechanical build up in the spring that would increase pressure, I changed out the Holley regulator for a Redline, no change. 

I put in the Jeep fuel filter, and it flowed too much for my crappy clackity clackity pump, so I had to reduce the return line by putting a hose clamp to it. 

So now it maintains about 3 PSI and drops to 0 once the car turns off. 

It still didn't fix the original problem, why/how does the pressure increase, from 3 lbs to 6-7, flooding my carb (a lot) after I turn off the car?.   It takes maybe 5-15 min to build to 6 PSI and then after the bowl fills up it fills up my primary. 

I took off the check valve I had installed by the tank (not needed) and no difference. My gas tank vent appears to be fine. The little hose goes directly outside.  

Mintgrun here are the answers to your questions. 

1) have you removed the gas cap to make sure there is no pressure in the tank?

that little vent line could be plugged, or something.  

I have, but I can't recall if it was before or after I took out the check valve I will check again 

a PO put a screw in mine and I was pressurizing my tank via the return line until I figured it out and removed that screw.

2) What do you mean by clackity clack pump? 

The one listed below, I wanted to figure out if it was my Pierberg screwing up, apparently, it wasn't. A cheap little low-pressure pump.  I have a Carter rotary that I will install with the AN line setup.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01EUTH0HW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) Are you talking electric or mechanical?

Electrical pump for now. 

4) You had to restrict the return line on the jeep filter?  Yes 

5) You did use the center nipple to feed the carb, right? Yes

6) The one off to the side for the return...?Yes

7 Which model filter did you buy? A FRAM G3583

I'm not sure why you are starting a new thread when you have a fairly long one on this topic, full of potentially useful information for people trying to help you.  Why spread it out like this?  Sorry again 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002