I searched all over the forum and never found the answer, so I thought I would document it here.  The input on a Weber 32/36 (with a threaded fitting on the end) is a 1/8 -27 NPT fitting.  How do I know... i spent some time at Home Depot and the at Canadian Tire today going through the dies and taps. I happened to have a spare lid off an old junk carb that I could use.  The interesting part is that the threaded bore seems to be tapered quickly, so if you put in a 1/8" pipe fitting you get two threads in and then it starts to bind... but if you match the bolt to a die, it goes on perfectly. 

So if you are running AN style fittings for your fuel delivery hose to your Weber, you need to get a 1/8" to -6 or -4 AN line.   I will post pics once I have my line installed.  As always use Teflon paste, not tape, to seal between the 1/8 fitting and the carb (if you feel you need to). 

33 minutes ago, Dudeland said:

why did the die fit on the bolt?

(( I am waiting for the punchline ))

" BSPT (British Standard Pipe Thread) is similar to NPT except for one important difference. The angle across the flanks of threads (if you sliced the fitting in half long-ways and measured the angle from root to crest to root) is 55 degrees instead of 60 degrees as it is for NPT"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TobyB said:

BSPT, Tom, isn't that British Standard Pipe Taper?

Like NPT is National Pipe Taper?

t

It is. British Standard Pipe (Taper or straight) was chosen as the 'European standard' and even erroneously called a metric pipe thread. In Australia we even have BSP threads applied to metric sized pipes (internal diameter) - very confusing