very rare bmw rims

Price: $1000

Description:

3 sets of very rare bmw  rims, 4 rims per set, first set alpina 5 1/2 x 13 rims, 5/71 production date, will fit a 1600/2002 with out any rubbing or fender mod. will also fit over size brakes, volvo calipers and 320 vented rotor and  tii/turbo brakes, powdercoated  metallic gray as original, strait  have run these up to 100 mph, rims only $1000.00 firm $1200.. with new 175/70/13 tires. plus shipping.    Rims #2  bbs/mahle  6x13  fresh paint, two rims are new, e-21 or 2002  will not fit a lowered 2002 with out body mod. $1300  firm .  Rims #3  bbs E50 8x15 modular 3 piece race rims magnesium centers, spun  aluminum barrels,  new these rims are $3700 a set plus shipping, the best of the best, originally on a 1979 dietle built e-21 3.2 big block  320i , will fit a 2002 with box flairs and race struts, 320i and e-30 , will come polished outer barrels, mounting bolts for centers, no lugs or mounting bolts,  $2500 firm     prices do not include shipping    Bruce M-tuner 20flyinghorses@msn.com

IMGP1165.JPG

IMGP1164.JPG

IMGP1131.JPG

race bbs wheels do not have a off set number, here is what i know they were built for a e21 320i hub, they fit pefect on a tii strut, custom built with race coils, and 323i e21 hubs, schnitzer box flairs on a 2002,  the barrels 4" on the out side, 5" on the inside  total rim width is 8" the back face of the wheel center to the edge of the back barrel is 51/4"  they fit the 2002 race car with korman box flairs , and they are rare i could not find any other s on the internet  any where. these are race rims not rs wheels which are every where, and the parts do not interchange , you can find them on bbs race wheel web site

Not knowing if you are getting the 8" from the inside of the bead (proper), or the outside edge.. am I doing this right? 

4x24.5 = 98   (et0)   

Offset of 5.25

5.25x24.5=128 

98-128= -30. 

So the wheels are 15x8 et30?  Or something close to that?  less the rim lip, more likely et25, since they fit on a 2002 strut? 

Do these wheels have to be split and assembled inside the tire?  I thought I remembered something about BBS Motorsport flat barrels can't have tires mounted in a machine.... ???

Edited by eurotrash

26 minutes ago, iinca said:

I read it as metallic grey in the ad...

I like  em' and a close up would help me see if he matched the original shade...or close to it. They do look to be close to the proper shade.... but a little closer look might push me to hit the buy button'

$1,000 for 4 straight freshly powdercoatied Allpina Borranis is a killer deal. Check around. I would have bought these the minute they were listed if I didn’t have a set already. Plus, I like Bruce ?

BTW, Bruce, I thought these were going on your brothers tii last year, what happened with that?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnP_02 said:

$1,000 for 4 straight freshly powdercoatied Allpina Borranis is a killer deal. Check around. I would have bought these the minute they were listed if I didn’t have a set already. Plus, I like Bruce ?

BTW, Bruce, I thought these were going on your brothers tii last year, what happened with that?

+1

What John said.  And if the Alpina steelies actually come with center caps, an even more killer deal....

The Borrani and Alpina steelies are both manufactured by CMR.  But the Alpinas are much rarer.  Like John, I've been working hard to talk myself out of buying them.  Like John, the only thing stopping me is the fact that I own a set in the 5.5" size already....

And the Alpina steelies didn't come in the gray-beige color commonly found on Borrani steelies.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Haha 1

I just looked at the Race rims, they are BBS E-50/2  15x8 measured on the inside of the bead, they,  come only in 2 sizes from BBS   in this series 8x15 8x16  any other size is custom built, by altering the inner or outer barrels,  e30 are 13" rims. they are stamped  12 and 100  12 is the serial number or work order number 100 is the 4x 100 bolt spacing, the power coating was done to seal the magnesium from water and road debris the tint is slitely darker,   I have looked for a like rim set and find them for porsche  and 5x120 five bolt , we use to install them on 635 S  at cunigham BMW  in the 80s for about $6000 plus tires . The rims are off my brothers car, I have the car, he lost his license to a seizure, thanks  we control your life california, and i can say that i am a third generation californicator,  its  going on bring a trailer this week end,  my friend in connecuit  has real  alpina s he gets first shot at them,  then the list, the race BBS are 100 times more rare,  but they don't fit a stock 2002,  test fitting on a car with turbo flares sunday,  you assemble the rims on the tires, you can not get a lighter rim unless its forged magnesium BBS at about 2500.00 each.   the E50/2 race wheel is picture #2  they will fit any tii strut with 323i hubs and 13" inch rotors   Bruce M-tuner

19095811_10105149811104184_1031514748_o.thumb.jpg.9a009689dc70975a811efec31ad13dcf.jpg

Was thinking theE50/2s might be a (somewhat pain in the ass) square set up for my car. Right now its on Vintage HRE 501s at 15x7 et12 up front, 15x8.5 et6 out back.  Let me know what you find regarding the turbo flare fit, will you?   Not sure if I could make it happen, but if they fit the flared car, it would be major motivation to try. 

• Like 1