Jump to content

Window gap


Recommended Posts

Hello guys 

I’m new to the forum but being following for a while.

I got a 1973 2002 couple months ago, in very good condition.

the car was restored several years ago.

iI have notice a gap on the door where the window vent meets the edge of the door, I have search the forum but have not find if this is normal.

so my question is, is this gap normal? If not is it that the window vents need to be adjusted or I’m missing a part like a rubber cap?

thank you

here is a picture of my 02 and pictures of the gaps in question 




Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mike said:

And they're stupidly expensive!


I thought so too, at $15 each, or so... if priced by the pound, that is.

They are somewhat complicated little buggers though, with metal inside and fancy little flaps to tuck in.


Talk about a model-specific part.

This is one of those pieces that I am amAzed we can still get new.


I bought the two missing ones for my car from a FAQ member a while back.

I have them in place, but they are not tucked in as neatly as Steven's.

Perhaps I will try again.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Upcoming Events

  • Create New...