Santa Rosa Fires

carpediem

It's been almost three weeks now since the devastating fires in and around Santa Rosa, CA.  While many have suffered much worse than I did, I can report that there is one less 2002tii in the world.  My beautiful '72 was parked in the garage with my '63 Ranchero when we were told to evacuate immediately.  We got out safely, but the cars didn't make it.  Fortunately they were both insured with Hagerty and will be covered, but that will never make up for the joy I had driving them.

This forum has been a fantastic resource and I have made many new friends here.  Someday I may be ready to find another 2002, but for now I'll have to get my fix from reading the messages here.  Best to all and thank you for everything.

Dave

20171022_171803.jpg

20171022_171831 (1).jpg

Dave, I'm utterly lost for words...
Obviously the key thing here is that you and your family are still with us.  But your emotional loss must still be huge!
My deepest condolences for your 2002tii and your Ranchero.  Take a while to get your home re-established, and I'm sure you'll eventually find the strength to return to 02-ownership.
All the best....

• Like 1

Sooooo sorry!  I've been worrying about all our fellow 02ers in northern CA and hoping that no one was affected.  Thankfully y'all made it out OK but losing your cars --not to mention your house and possessions--has to be devastating.  I've been through hurricanes, tornadoes and even an earthquake (fortunately without loss) but a major fire has to be the worst, as nothing is salvageable.

All the best to a fast recovery.

Cheers

mike

Dave,

Thank god you are here. After reading about some of these fires traveling at the speed of 100 yards every three seconds. My heart goes out to those that couldn't make it or outrun it. 

Extreme, sadness for you and your loved ones. Possessions including Tii's and Rancheros can be replaced much more easily than you and your family. 

Love Santa Rosa and the Napa valley. Don't fall for the bias of "rich" Napa Valley residents being a bit soft. Santa Rosa and the Valley are really tough farmer stock. Recovery will be very hard, but the people are much more resilient than a lot of people give them credit for. It will come back, you will come back.

Faster and better than you can imagine. 

Again,

Thank God you are with us. 

Dave,

Thank goodness you and your family made a clean getaway when the evacuation order was given.

This fire moved so fast, there was no time to even think about saving your prized (material) possessions.

So sad to see your beautiful '72 buried in the ash and rubble. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery from this devastating loss.

John

This sucks.  Having lived through a fire, this just sucks.  The next year and a half is going to suck.  The insurance company wanting a list and a value on every, single item that you had is going to suck.  It's all going to suck.  Just so you know- managed expectations and all.  I'm sorry.

Glad you're ok.

Dear Dave...Those pictures make my heart ache, my stomach turn and my skin crawl. I’m so sorry for your loss and I wish you strength and courage during these difficult times. I have friends and clients from the Coffey Park neighborhood of SR who also lost everything...except for the only thing that truly matters at the end of the day: Namely their lives. Take care of yourself, seek out the strength of your friends & family and here’s to the hope that some day you’ll have another ‘72 tii in a new garage.

COOP

• Like 1