still...messing up with alignment

PatAllen

i had to push the cork a bit further into the bottle....machine was "unreliable".

had to buy the calibration floppy from a retired usa rep...it was not an easy one to get !!

ended up calibraing the machine to 0's, now.

but now the car goes to storage loool...

gona be my first spring project.

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

the Hunter K111 has its own floppy drive "imbeded" in the machine. its a mother board custom made By Hunter themselves in the late 80's for their own usage with their own OS (linux/custom).

The whole program is on the floppy.

This machine was sold in million units back then, many many garages still has them fully operational.

SO Hunter still sell the floppy new, not nos, if you know who to ask, how and if you have deep pockets. The floppy pictured above was written in february of this year, it is not a 1999 unit event if the sticker mentions it, its only the date of the revision !!

You can still buy new virgin floppys on amazon and ebay, they are not old shelved items but 100% new items with date code of this year. 

As a electronic designer/programmer, i made programs in the late 80's on floppys, i still have most of them. Some or still readable, some not.

its true that most average floppys degrades rapidly after 2-5 years, but that must be due to miss storage and cheap units as i have 20+ years floppys still usable so its "arguable" imho. i have 35+ years worth of experience in this path so.....if you are a dick, you will have dick results.

Edited by PatAllen

11 hours ago, PatAllen said:

the Hunter K111 has its own floppy drive "imbeded" in the machine. its a mother board custom made By Hunter themselves in the late 80's for their own usage with their own OS (linux/custom).

The whole program is on the floppy.

This machine was sold in million units back then, many many garages still has them fully operational.

SO Hunter still sell the floppy new, not nos, if you know who to ask, how and if you have deep pockets. The floppy pictured above was written in february of this year, it is not a 1999 unit event if the sticker mentions it, its only the date of the revision !!

You can still buy new virgin floppys on amazon and ebay, they are not old shelved items but 100% new items with date code of this year. 

As a electronic designer/programmer, i made programs in the late 80's on floppys, i still have most of them. Some or still readable, some not.

its true that most average floppys degrades rapidly after 2-5 years, but that must be due to miss storage and cheap units as i have 20+ years floppys still usable so its "arguable" imho. i have 35+ years worth of experience in this path so.....if you are a dick, you will have dick results.

so...perhaps all of my Doom .wad files might be salvagable?! 

Yeah, we deal with this in my industry as well.  The worst are that 'look' modern-

but are really Win95 FAT16 underneath, and will not run in a 'compatibility' window

for love nor money.  And yet, there's $400k of hardware that won't dance otherwise...

Hunter makes good stuff. 

t

early k111/l111 (1988-93)was not working under windows at all , not event close.100% custom operating system. the OS was on a bunch of eeproms, no hard drive there, and the whole program on the floppy. to make it worse the floppy was formated in 1600kb....yes you read that right 1.44mb floppy in 1600kb, like the midi Korg keyboards. this makes it even cooler to resurect such machine like i did..... later machines (93+)where using "standard" pc with windows.