LED Question

Ferrance

I'm installing LED lights front and rear, and, according to a recommendation, I also want to change the relay flasher.  However, the stock relay has three terminals (49, 49a, 39, and KBL), but the Superbrightleds relay has only three: 49, 49a, and 31; it's missing the terminal for the Blk/White wire which goes to K 8 on the twelve-pin plug for the dash.

I've already tried "Search" with no success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Fran Ferrance

Okay, can't tell you if this is correct.  But, this is what I did.  If you connect to 49, 49a and 31 only, then, the flasher and the turn indicators will work.  But, the green indicator light on the console will not blink.  So, I hooked up a second Superbrightleds relay tying 49, 49a together with the other relay.  the 31 on one relay goes to the brown wire and the 31 on the second relay goes to KBL (Blk/White).  The green indicator light on the console blinks out of sequence, but, the whole thing works.

Good luck,

Trieu

Edited to correct typos and added a sketch.

Flasher.jpg

Edited by Tsingtao_1903
  • Like 1

I know it is weird.  You don't use the brown one I think.  Here is the link to the post below.  I did exactly what they said to do and it worked fine. 

One word of caution, don't go by the wire color on the plug you put the new flasher into.  Mine had the same colors by in different positions on the plug. 

I 

For what it's worth, on my 1972, the Brown wire on the BMW plug needed to be hooked up or the dash flasher will not work.  I jumped the White/Black wire to the Brown wire; did not work.  I bought the same NAPA flasher, same results.  So, I hooked a second flasher to the Brown wire.  The whole thing worked.  Since the turn indicators and the dashboard indicator are driven off different flashers, they flash slightly out of sync.  

Edited by Tsingtao_1903