• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Various 2002 parts

Bibm5

Just met the seller in person and what I have to take away from our meeting is that he's one of us - a great guy and a knowledgeable and caring car enthusiast.  Cut the guy some slack!  I'll quote briefly from our short conversation: "I'll never sell on the forum again!"  Regardless of whether or not it's the seller's first time, don't show him or anyone in his position the cold shoulder - welcome them to the community with open arms, even if they've been here awhile.  There's no need to be hostile in an environment like this.  

Good to meet you Bibm5!

That’s good that you had a good interaction with the seller... no one here is being hostile... but people here including myself were upset (nothing personal) over the fact that sellers don’t seem to follow even the most basic standardized selling rules... I’m a member of multiple other car forums and the rules are the same across the boards.... I went to bibm5 asking for first option on his items for whatever price he felt was fair... but instead of coming back to me with a fair price he tries to get the highest bidder to buy his parts... then he keeps apologizing and explaining himself that he didn’t remember talking to me... saying “I’ve done all I can do to fix it” I think what Esty was saying was since he didn’t already ship the parts,if he really wanted to make things right he would have told the highest bidder he agreed to ship the item to,that he had another obligation first and just run the price by me and give me the chance since I was first come.... as you know “IWantOne” since we’ve recently done business that I’m very easy to deal with... my comment about losing faith with this community by the day comes from dealing with other sellers here as well that also don’t stand by their word, they agree to sell you the part then days later decide they want more money for it or they sold it, some even taking the money and never sending the part....As I have given advice in the earlier post... research the classifieds and know the price you want for your items...If you look through the classifieds no where are you gonna find a post asking for a no first come first serve,highest bidder appraisal style sale. Don’t be scared to sell on here again as long as you do some research, know your price and stick by your word you’ll see how your interactions will be extremely pleasant!
  • Like 1

That’s good that you had a good interaction with the seller... no one here is being hostile... but people here including myself were upset (nothing personal) over the fact that sellers don’t seem to follow even the most basic standardized selling rules... I’m a member of multiple other car forums and the rules are the same across the boards.... I went to bibm5 asking for first option on his items for whatever price he felt was fair... but instead of coming back to me with a fair price he tries to get the highest bidder to buy his parts... then he keeps apologizing and explaining himself that he didn’t remember talking to me... saying “I’ve done all I can do to fix it” I think what Esty was saying was since he didn’t already ship the parts,if he really wanted to make things right he would have told the highest bidder he agreed to ship the item to,that he had another obligation first and just run the price by me and give me the chance since I was first come.... as you know “IWantOne” since we’ve recently done business that I’m very easy to deal with... my comment about losing faith with this community by the day comes from dealing with other sellers here as well that also don’t stand by their word, they agree to sell you the part then days later decide they want more money for it or they sold it, some even taking the money and never sending the part....As I have given advice in the earlier post... research the classifieds and know the price you want for your items...If you look through the classifieds no where are you gonna find a post asking for a no first come first serve,highest bidder appraisal style sale. Don’t be scared to sell on here again as long as you do some research, know your price and stick by your word you’ll see how your interactions will be extremely pleasant!
You have been nothing but rude and hostile. Where are these standardized rules at? I'd love to see them. I'm sure there is an implied method but as I've stated I'M NEW!
As per estys comment, I would have the air cleaner melted down as scrap metal before ever shipping it to you...
I'm done here. This has been a horrible experience on the 2002faq forum.
Thank you to the people that have been kind and to all that have not have fun trolling somewhere else...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You have been nothing but rude and hostile. Where are these standardized rules at? I'd love to see them. I'm sure there is an implied method but as I've stated I'M NEW!
As per estys comment, I would have the air cleaner melted down as scrap metal before ever shipping it to you...
I'm done here. This has been a horrible experience on the 2002faq forum.
Thank you to the people that have been kind and to all that have not have fun trolling somewhere else...

Rude and hostile? “I’d have the air cleaner melted down before sending to you” haha cause that’s not rude or hostile............I’ve been a lot nicer than I should have, NEW or not it’s no excuse to not stand by your word, obviously your word means nothing, and there’s no list or rules for being a decent person and legitimately standing by your word. It’s common sense business ethics, obviously you don’t have a clue about common sense with the excuses “I’m new” “I forgot we spoke about the items” so to help you out some more maybe you outta take some time from here and sign up for communications and business classes so you can learn how to properly conduct business before ever selling anything here or anywhere again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I would have the air cleaner melted down as scrap metal before ever shipping it to you..." 

Always find this interesting when a seller reveals conceited motives with threats.  So many sellers on CL will say things like "I know what I have and if I don't get what I want for it I'll just keep it" Then why bother selling it in the first place? Just trash it or keep it and not involve others. 

This forum was intended not as a side-hustle but rather a community to connect and "help" others out. But with anything that is free, so attracts those looking to capitalize. No I'm not saying parts should be given away for free, although I and many others have hooked-up another member with just cost of shipping. The highest bidder & valuation mentality belongs on an auction site, period.  

I blame the Hipster Millennials who would auction off their honor for the right price. 

But what do I know,  

FA4B.jpg

But what do I know

"I would have the air cleaner melted down as scrap metal before ever shipping it to you..." 
Always find this interesting when a seller reveals conceited motives with threats.  So many sellers on CL will say things like "I know what I have and if I don't get what I want for it I'll just keep it" Then why bother selling it in the first place? Just trash it or keep it and not involve others. 
This forum was intended not as a side-hustle but rather a community to connect and "help" others out.
But what do I know,  

Yep... You're so right... You got me...
I specifically asked you for what you thought was fair pricing after your first back handed comment and I would sell at that... All I got was more and more and more negativity.
I started on this forum to learn about a car from people who have been around them for a long time. The community has been great...until I crossed the tracks into the "parts for sale" section... It's not the same over here at all...
The bottom line is that I'm beginning to hate this forum because of the trolling and that's sad because I really did love it... Key word being "did".
I just need to stop responding and unfollow my own thread.

3 hours ago, Bibm5 said:

The community has been great...until I crossed the tracks into the "parts for sale" section... It's not the same over here at all...
The bottom line is that I'm beginning to hate this forum because of the trolling and that's sad because I really did love it... Key word being "did".
I just need to stop responding and unfollow my own thread.

Funny that the last 2 or 3 thousand sellers here seem to not have had an issue.

I wonder where the problem could be, :)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

32 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Funny that the last 2 or 3 thousand sellers here seem to not have had an issue.

I wonder where the problem could be, :)

It all went south after your attempt to cheer up the thread with that animal house video.  Now Fast Times... that's foshizzle. 

But then again, what do I know. 

ray4prez.jpg

But what do I know