• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's BAAAAACK! BMW 2002! E10! 4-Speed! Roundie! Rally Car! SCCA! Alpina! ACR! Vintage Race Car!

ray_

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess there’s no way that would pass the broomstick test for track use!

For the current bid, if I had the garage space, and if it was close by, I’d be somewhat tempted by it!

Description needs more exclamation points!!!

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Gawd, the door- to- fender fit is atrocious...

the new buyer won't be disappointed

...until she tries to take it to a track event and discovers no- one will let that... onto the track.

I do love the Mopar wheel styl-ee.

t

dorfit.jpg

dorfit2.jpg

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Looking at the seller's SOLD listings, this is the third time this one is being offered up.

It "sold" once for $7,000, then again for $4,250 and now heeeere it is again.

This time around they removed the following photo of the underside.

Muffler clamp / hose clamp / whatever.

s-l1600.jpg

That four into one header ought to let that single barrel Solex breathe freely.

DISCLAIMER 

I now disagree with some of the timing advice I have given in the past.  I misinterpreted the distributor curves in the Blue Book. 

I've switched from using ported-vacuum to manifold, with better results. 

I apologize for spreading misinformation.  

14 minutes ago, '76mintgrun'02 said:

Looking at the seller's SOLD listings, this is the third time this one is being offered up.

It "sold" once for $7,000, then again for $4,250 and now heeeere it is again.

This time around they removed the following photo of the underside.

Muffler clamp / hose clamp / whatever.

s-l1600.jpg

That four into one header ought to let that single barrel Solex breathe freely.

Well that doesn’t look like the underside of a race car! I’m out! :rolleyes:

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

if I had 2k lying around... I'd totally offer him 1500, and then would  turn it into a race car. 

Cut what's left of the windshield/ A-pillars off, put on a Perspex halvsie windscreen, Box in the passenger seat to turn it into a 1-seater, add a proper drivetrain/roll cage, and you're off to the races!!!

1 hour ago, 2002Scoob said:

if I had 2k lying around... I'd totally offer him 1500, and then would  turn it into a race car. 

Cut what's left of the windshield/ A-pillars off, put on a Perspex halvsie windscreen, Box in the passenger seat to turn it into a 1-seater, add a proper drivetrain/roll cage, and you're off to the races!!!

You are starting from such a low base. That car would need a LOT of stiffening to compensate for cutting the roof off like that. 

• Like 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

7 minutes ago, Simeon said:

You are starting from such a low base. That car would need a LOT of stiffening to compensate for cutting the roof off like that. 

For sure a very low base, and LOTS of tubes would need to be added to regain stiffness, let alone safety. 

But man, it would make for an amusing track-rat!

the keywords listed for searches is....amusing..

"Keywords: SCCA, Road America, Track Car, ACR. Alpina, BMW, M Series, M3, M5, M6, Z3, Z4, Weekend Racer, Mercedes, German car, AMG, c32, c63, Roundy, Roundi, BMW 2002 tii, M10, E10, BMW RA, BMW MOA, 2 Door, Coupe, Convertible, Vintage Rally, Vintage Rallie, Vintage Race Car"

pretty sure the BMW RA and BMW MOA motorcycle folks aren't interested in this.....nor pretty much any one else listed....the SCCA sticker on the windshield is downright embarrassing to those of us in SCCA.

the roll hoop and metal parts above the top of the seat backs will feel wonderful on the drivers head if the rear ever gets hit.  maybe the sound pressure from the two speakers will hold the upper body forward in a crash?

s-l1600.jpg

yikes...that car is scary dangerous.

seats look like something off a lawn tractor.

Edited by mlytle
  • Haha 1

2xM3

First time I saw this was back in June. It was in Isanti, MN, with a price of $8k. Different location, but maybe the same Seller.

B 3221 1.docx

Text from June Craigslist Ad:-

1973 bmw 2002

condition: fair
fuel: gas
paint color: yellow
title status: clean
transmission: manual

QR Code Link to This Post

Driving this car gets lots of attention. Sp fun!
Only reason I am selling my adorable car is because my hubby is thinking about getting a new project car, and I don't believe we need 2 classic cars .
She is a manual transmission.
2Liter 4 cylinder non turbo 4 speed stick.
Run and drives.
Paint in trunk is chipping, body in good shape. Solid because kept inside. Car was modified before I owned it.
Text me any questions.

Edited by 02Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I would love to see this one in person...a lot of custom work on this one owner, did you guys not see the louvers in the front, the hours of time it must have taken to fabricate the plexiglass filler between the tail light and the speaker location will may sure that you never miss a beat...also looks like someone welded a 1/4" x 4" plate on the bottom to keep the seats from falling thru...I'm sure it put a smile on someones face in the past...Barney

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

you race guys need to get over yourselves...obviously it isn't a race car...it's a one off novelty...i'd love to own it and would be proud as hell to drive it around town...getting waves and thumbs up...i guarantee every time i stopped a crowd would gather

i don't see it being different than the o2 pickup i had..the one Andy had built...just a different direction in customization...