Ready Spares

grizzlebar

So after a couple of searches using different terminology and coming up empty handed - I figured I'd toss the question out to the crowd:

What ready spares would you have on hand in your garage to make life easier owning your 2002? This is partially driven by parts availability, cost, and in my case, not wanting to wait around for parts to arrive after purchasing.

:D I have a spare car myself. The Perl (1968-1600) backs up Rhiannon (76-02). Talk about maintenance, no one understands why the Ghost (97-328is) sleeps outside. 

I have spares of everything, what is needed? Ignition parts go fast, filters too. Light bulbs and fuses are handy. Mechanical  parts are a few days away at AutohausAZ free shipping?, or maybe Rock auto (shipping sucks)?. I always have a fuel pump and alternator on hand. The specialty vendors prices are embarrassing?they claim it's because of the increase in value of our cars, ?. Always check the BMW dealer first for high dollar items, they free ship to my local shop and the price can be very compatible. ?

If you have a car that breaks down on the road, learn a few choice German profanities and spank her good, threaten her parking spot, it worked for me. ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dbmw2002 said:

:D I have a spare car myself. The Perl (1968-1600) backs up Rhiannon (76-02). Talk about maintenance, no one understands why the Ghost (97-328is) sleeps outside. 

I have spares of everything, what is needed? Ignition parts go fast, filters too. Light bulbs and fuses are handy. Mechanical  parts are a few days away at AutohausAZ free shipping?, or maybe Rock auto (shipping sucks)?. I always have a fuel pump and alternator on hand. The specialty vendors prices are embarrassing?they claim it's because of the increase in value of our cars, ?. Always check the BMW dealer first for high dollar items, they free ship to my local shop and the price can be very compatible. ?

If you have a car that breaks down on the road, learn a few choice German profanities and spank her good, threaten her parking spot, it worked for me. ?

Sound advice. Especially german profanities and spanking.

so you want to plan wAy ahead, to save the hassle of having to plan ahead a little bit? :huh:

spare oil and filter

spark plugs, I suppose.

points and condenser, if you're still running those.

fresher is better, as far as rubber goes,

so I would not suggest storing pieces of hose.

an extra alternator belt is good to have on hand though.

I wish I had a spare clutch master sitting around.

A quart of brake fluid will come in handy in the next couple years.

Have you purchased a pressure bleeder?

Antifreeze.

buy a variable advance timing light, so you can plot your timing curve