Metric Mechanic engine with Kugelfischer -advice?

twistinglane

I'm in touch with a somewhat distant seller of a tii that has a Metric Mechanic 2200 motor installed, I assume with a hotter cam. The owner of car has passed on and the car while assembled hasn't been on the road.

But my question here is what experience people may have actually had with a Metric Mechanic engine or similar working with a Kugelfischer? I've searched the forum so know that there are limitations on the KF accommodating a changed engine as well as some tuning of the KF that some have done. But is there a bottom line from those with experience? Does it end up working well?  (I am going to contact Jim Rowe try and learn just what mods this engine has).

First i'm not a expert but have been around k pumps since 72 or 73, It really is going to come down to the cam if it's not to wild the k pump can be modified somewhat to shift the fuel curve depending on the mod you'll end up with a weak spot somewhere in the power curve you don't get to keep your cake and eat it too unfortunately but when well done you can live with it, as to the added displacement a expert can adjust the verboten screw to add more fuel. So find out which cam is being used and talk to one of the k pump rebuilders about the needed adjustments.

I would speak to MM about the engine. If it was sold as a package with the KF pump by MM then they would stand beside it. If the PO has bought a motor from MM just to mate the stock pump with (or mildly fiddled with pump) then there could be issues. It's not trivial to get a modified engine working with KFish injection. 

• Like 1