Purchased a 71 2002 with no key any Ideas

Stimfig

You might be able to obtain the key number from the ignition key cylinder. You need to remove the plastic cover surrounding the cylinder. There is a sticker attached to it with the key number.

ASFAIK, the dealer will be able to have a key made for you. I had one made, although that was 18 years ago.

Edited by Cruzr

the switch can be removed from the key cylinder and then operated with a screwdriver, to twist it, start the car. And the lock should be able to be removed also, and taken to a locksmith. There were new ignition locks available in recent history, the entire surround that encircles the steering shaft. The old one has to be hacksawed off, it had breakaway bolts, once bolted on, could not be unbolted. Also there was a one time, a lock set available that was the ignition and both doors, new handles and locks, and keys. I got mine a Maxmillian, but that was some years ago.

ditto on the door locks.  My car came with out the keys and I was able to find the tag still on the passenger side.  Local key place (not autoparts/walmart/etc) was able to use the code to cut a key.  They even had a couple blanks.

Trunk was locked, and didn't turn out so well for that lock but a replacement was cheap :)