adjusting front tracking 1600-2

larryt

hey all,

im having some trouble with my trackrods on the 1600. ive fitted a new set of track rods, and center section. i measured them and made sure they were the same as the old ones before i fitted them. however the new ones are giving me a bit of mis-alignment. i jacked the car up and supported it on the subframe so the control arms and wheels would turn freely, loosened the passenger side track to adjust the tracking, and it wont turn freely enough to bring the back of the wheel in.. is there something i am doing wrong?? should i be supporting something to allow the adjustment to move freely?

thanks

Even with the suspension extended they should still adjust smoothly and easily. Did you run the rod ends in and out before fitting?  I think it could be easy to cross the threads within the rod with the split ends. 

Maybe pull the arm off again and check the threads. I put a smear of anti seize grease on mine.

1 hour ago, Simeon said:

Even with the suspension extended they should still adjust smoothly and easily. Did you run the rod ends in and out before fitting?  I think it could be easy to cross the threads within the rod with the split ends. 

Maybe pull the arm off again and check the threads. I put a smear of anti seize grease on mine.

i had a friend do the arms whilst i was tackling something else, i may drop the track rods out and grease them like you say :)

thanks