SMM_2002

Speed Craft Enterprises, Inc. - Devon, PA

2 posts / 797 viewsLast Reply

Good morning! On 3/19/76, my mother purchased a model 75 ( October 24th production ) Arktisblau Metallic 1976 BMW 2002 from Otto Linton's dealership in Devon, PA called Speed Craft Enterprises - Dealer Number 74800. Mr. Linton is a "Legend of the Glen" and has a great background in racing and dealerships in the Philadelphia area.  Here is an excerpt from Mr. Linton from Veloce Today:

"I started my own business as Speedcraft Enterprises in 1948 in Exton, Pennsylvania and built new facilities in Devon, Pennsylvania in 1966. Racing was good advertising. I sold MGs, Austin Healeys, Rileys, Mercedes, Porsches, BMWs, Lancias, Jaguars, and other odd makes which Max Hoffman and Tony Pompeo imported. I sold the business in 1984."

I spoke with Don at The Werkshop yesterday and got some information on dealerships in the 70s, but was curious if anyone in the Mid-Atlantic also purchased their 2002 from Speed Craft Enterprises or had one that was. I am now the caretaker for Sister Mary Matthew and am gathering as much information as possible on my mother's "first baby."

Thank you!

John

IMG_3379.JPG

IMG_3385.JPG

IMG_3377.JPG

IMG_3272.JPG

IMG_3273 2.JPG

I had a 76 02 that was from Otto's BMW. Its still around and its located in West Chester, PA. I believe the dealership is now owned by Mike Vadasz.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.