• Announcements

• steve k.

Introducing FAQ Memberships   04/17/2017

I would like to introduce everyone to the FAQ memberships. A fun way to fund the site and to contribute for those who are interested.    Everyone starts as a Solex Member.  This membership is free and not much visible is changing (I limited the personal message storage to 150).   Kugelfischer membership.  As a reward for your donation of $20.02 per year, you will not see any external advertisements, the site will look cleaner and run a bit faster. You will also get a couple of BMW 2002 FAQ Stickers.   Turbo Membership.  As a reward for your donation of $50.02, you will not see any external advertisements, the site will look cleaner and run a bit faster.  You will also get unlimited Personal Message storage, ability to create Private and Restricted Photo Albums. You will also get a couple of BMW 2002 FAQ Stickers and a Bottle Opener.   Alpina Membership.  As a reward for your donation of $100.02 per year, you will not see any external advertisements, the site will look cleaner and run a bit faster.  You will also get unlimited Personal Message storage, ability to create Private and Restricted Photo Albums, and an ability to upload Movies to the gallery. You will also get a couple of BMW 2002 FAQ Stickers, a Bottle Opener, and discounts on our accessories at the store.   There is also a fancy title that comes with each membership.  
fastricky

Which vintage car to compliment your '02?

I had several E3's at the same time I owned my 74 tii but this one was my favorite. 70 E3 Euro spec 2800, 4 speed (ZF gearbox), granada red. I only have a 91 E30 318i to keep my tii company. 

IMG_4192-1.jpg

• Like 3

My tii's garage mate' '03 330xi with a rare 6 speed

not vintage but a great car for living in snow country

IMG_1749.JPG

Edited by iinca
  • Like 1

Gerta the '73 Tii loves her two German garagemates, a 911 and c55 amg.

The holy trifecta of German goodness.

And then there's the wicked stepsister Fiat Abarth.

Daytona. 

Not a fan of gold per se, rare color 'Oro Chiaro Mettallizato' for this car and I like it, would very much like to have it in my garage, would have to let go of a lot of stuff to pull it off, including my Alpina car....

Ferrari_365GTB4_14191__10_.jpg&q=70.jpg

• Like 3

1966 Chevy Corvair Monza convertible.  Air-cooled piece of automotive history.  Not as glorious a result for GM as the 2002 was for BMW.

140hp, 2-speed Powerglide automatic transmission.  4 single-barrel carburetors.  Not as sprightly or as precise handling as the 2002.  But the top comes down and lets the wind in your hair for a late-afternoon cruise.

Perfect combo for me.

IMG_0532_Vair_Driveway.jpg.0a249b5bf0333113cf6cc583b9d780c5.jpg

IMG_1575_blur.thumb.jpg.6f6266c9e15e848681eea53361dfee81.jpg

• Like 2

My other daily driver. In 2000 I puled the original 1200 cc and build a brand new balanced 1600 cc. This weekend I will R&R the front brake drums, been turned once but still out of round.

My first impression after driving my '75 2002 was wow this is luxurious! I have low standards.

DSC_3708.JPG

• Like 5

Ghias...chicks love them too. Nice one 7502!

Edited by iinca