RajRaj

Body/Paint shop recommendation East Bay (Berkeley-WalnutCreek) ?

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey everyone,

After spending much time admiring/ shopping for a 2002, and lurking on this forum, I've finally taken the plunge and acquired my own project (a 74 Tii) that I've got a long road ahead of myself on.

To start out however, I'd like to get advice from this crew on top nominations for a body shop / painter than can be my partner in my body restoration. I'm about to embark on DIY replacement of some of the common problem panels (rockers, spare tire well) and rust spots, but want to get the body primed/painted by a professional.

Any top suggestions in the East Bay (read anywhere between Berkeley and Walnut Creek/Concord) for more of a "partnership" on restoration? 

Obligatory shot of my project in the garage attached....

thanks!

Raj

Image uploaded from iOS.jpg

Hi Raj--

I agree with Tom, Roger Elle is familiar with 2002's and does a good job.  You may want to discuss his work with Paul Gommel; he and his wife Ann had Ann's Nissan-Z painted and it looked very good to me when I saw the car just back from European Enterprise (Roger even painted highlights on the wheels).

Some people also look at Andy Schank's painting (see [http://www.bayarea02.com/toolbox/index.html]  for contact details); he has been considered less expensive for decent painting.

I encourage you to visit any paint shop you are seriously considering.

Larry

• Like 1

If it's not too late, I can vouch for Andrew Shank.  He did body work and paint(color change) on my 1600 in 2015.  He did a very nice job, he is detailed oriented and very serious about his craft.  

You are welcome to see my car in SF if you would like.

DSC_7887.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you for the information.  When I had my car painted, I neglected the underside which I regret.   Now I cannot find a shop to tackle it.  I will visit El Sobrante this week!