StophinHousen

Weber 38/38 Emulsion Tube Removal

8 posts / 829 viewsLast Reply

Howzit?

After an attempt to make my Weber 38/38 run a little bit better I am looking to see what type Emulsion tubes I have currently in it. my question is what is the best way to remove them from a 38/38? 

Thanks

pretty sure that you just take the top off the carb and unscrew them

Remove the air corrector jets (what's what Esty is referencing, above), and that will expose the top of the emulsion tubes. The tubes will usual lift out by inserting a small, thin implement (like the base of a q-tip, for example), sometimes requires more wrestling. Don't be rough with them. -KB

I found that a bamboo skewer worked well for lifting them out.

Don't use metal, since it would be easy to deform the brass.

The crisp edges on the holes that come through the tubes are important... I believe.

In one carb I worked on, they were sort of stuck, but a slight sideways bend to the skewer made it grip the inside enough to lift it out.

Came out pretty easy, well one did the other took some work. I currently have f50s in there so I think they are okay from what I found online. So far at idle I have a 12.6 air fuel mixture. 11.5  above 2,200 rpm and 10.9 at 4,000rpm I currently have 140 mains and 190 airs. I've step down from 145 mains and stepped up from 170 airs. Guess I'll have to keep going. 🙃🙃

Let's us know where you end up.  I've tried a number of different emulsion tunes and ended up back with f50 tubes