bluebmw

Opinions Wanted! Shift Knob Design Poll

38 posts / 2160 viewsLast Reply

C:   there's enough BMW logos on the car as it is...  trunk, hood, hubcaps, steering wheel

and keep the original profile.

A   because we are all still "racing " for that team hahaha :D

(edited)

I would do a wood knob with this logo if you are able- I like the motorsports label but not so much on a shift knob: bmw-wooden-m-technic-5-speed-classic-gea

Edited by LikeStig

35 minutes ago, LikeStig said:

I would do a wood knob with this logo if you are able- I like the motorsports label but not so much on a shift knob: bmw-wooden-m-technic-5-speed-classic-gea

BMW still sells this specific emblem, made for E21.  Part number 25111220954, $20.71 list price. 

25 11 1 220 953 is the 4 speed version, with same M stripes ($18.44 list).  

The standard BMW roundel is part number 25 11 1 220 956.

16 hours ago, rms_sandiego said:

D

PS: Did BMW ever use serif lettering (as in E) during the '02 production run?

http://bmwism.com/bmw_roundel.htm

BMW last used the serif font logo on the NK models, stopping in the mid-late 60s.

1 hour ago, larbo53 said:

A then D. Once you decide how does one purchase one?

Once a few are done, I'll make a for sale post (and link to it in this thread as well).

How about making them removable so you can change them.  If the "button" is easy enough to have made it would open up soooooo many options.  ;)

1 minute ago, dang said:

How about making them removable so you can change them.  If the "button" is easy enough to have made it would open up soooooo many options.  ;)

That is definitely an option. At first I was thinking they'd be glued in, but if the recess is tight enough, they could be pressure fit and swapped out. Still doesn't change the fact that making these logos is bloody expensive! :(

(edited)
45 minutes ago, bluebmw said:

That is definitely an option. At first I was thinking they'd be glued in, but if the recess is tight enough, they could be pressure fit and swapped out. Still doesn't change the fact that making these logos is bloody expensive! :(

Find an online button pin maker and design the knob around it.  They make refrigerator magnet buttons that would "stick" to the top of your knob if you put a metal center insert.  Just a little redneck.  LOL  Then anyone with your knobs can make their own button without the hassle for you...

http://www.wackybuttons.com/prices.php#

Edited by dang