Jim_75Sahara

Franz' First Road Trip (not counting the purchase)

6 posts / 727 viewsLast Reply

Heading out tomorrow (8-4-17) for Clifton Forge, VA for Aubrey and Susie Hall's annual 2002 drive/gtg. Last year I went for the first time, but I was the only one in an E30... That has been rectified, however.  I still own Konrad, but Franz is ready to make his debut on the back roads of Virginia. I picked up my 2002 from the shop today and while I was talking to the shop manager, it became clear that he is on the trail of a clone of my '02. A wealthy Dayton car dealer owns a Sahara roundie, but he is somehow not thrilled with it (???) and he is thinking of selling it. (no other details so far....) I'm rooting for Jake to buy it! Future RGB member!

Now that a few tweaks have been completed, it's show time. I've been waiting quite a few weeks to hit the road in my '02.

IMG_0682.JPG

(edited)

That gas cap gives me fits. If I line it up and lock it tight, it's very hard to get it off again.  - - -  I have another one that I like better, but it needs a key made for it. Shoving off for VA soon!!

Edited by Jim_75Sahara

VA where? 

You might spray your favorite light oil on the rubber gasket and see if it helps.

Cheers,

8 hours ago, ray_ said:

VA where? 

You might spray your favorite light oil on the rubber gasket and see if it helps.

Cheers,

Clifton Forge...western VA.  Wish I was going.  Some other time.  Broken record I know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.