• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

9 hours ago, '76mintgrun'02 said:

It is nice that we have a 'copy' of the original thread to contribute to.

The title really ought to end with a question mark though... as opposed to an exclamation point.

(even though it really is an exciting topic)

As for my car, I am dealing with a failing clutch master cylinder... which is only a few years old.

I have had it out of the car two days in a row now.

Not today though.  No.  Not today.  Not again.  

018.thumb.JPG.2a0ffdb6b33fbaff5d991e03697dbe5f.JPG

I am curious what happened to the original thread?

Tom, what were the symptoms that you had to take it out twice?

BTW, I really like the creativity used here for one person to remove the cylinder.

76 2002 Sienabraun

2015 BMW F10

12 minutes ago, Buckeye said:

Tom, what were the symptoms that you had to take it out twice?

I had a puddle in my peddle box.

The master is only a few years old and started leaking around a year ago, maybe even sooner.

I took it out the other day to inspect it and everything looks like new inside, so I put it back, hoping for the best.

Nope, another puddle in the peddle box.

That is why I took it out twice.

It is still not fixed.  It no longer appears to be leaking, thanks to a little MacGyvering,  but now it goes straight to the floor, unless pressed swiftly; in which case it works as it should.

It is sort of a long story to put in this thread, so maybe I will start another one; or find an existing one to add it to.

Thank you for asking.

5977f496f4041_013(1024x768).thumb.jpg.4516005e7122b6c9d2727e8cf5023773.jpg

I drove my '69 to our local BMW CCA chapter meeting.  (That's Wolfgang, the Nevada car on the right in my avatar)  It's first real outing since last November, and that was the first time I had driven it in over a year.  

I checked my maintenance log--the last time I filled the tank in that car was 2013!  And it's running just fine on four year old gas.  However I did treat it to some fresh gas this evening.  

On the way down to the meeting, a guy in a tricked out H-D bike rode past and gave me a big thumbs up.  Still puts a big grin on my face when I drive it--after 48 years of ownership.  

mike

Edited by mike
  • Like 3

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Replaced front and rear shocks with some KYBs. I'm hitting the turns and going up the bumps without the suspension knocking. One of the front shock tubing cracked and apparently separated. 8339c9f58b6bc88d76b6708dee148543.jpg9c66461ff44635e711ad5ec55915d33a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2002cool2

1 minute ago, SydneyTii said:

Did you end up painting the rear hub or did you leave it standard Simeon?

I gave the drum backing plates a quick coat of paint without removing them from the trailing arm. When I pull the bearings (I have new castle nuts on order) I will remove the back plates and paint properly. I will probably also paint the hub in my favourite SilverGal paint to mimic plating. It looks good for long enough to make me feel special and get photos!

• Like 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Silver I hadn't thought of that, mind you with e30 BBS wheels I'm probably better off with black as it won't show through the wheel, I have some engine enamel so that will probably be the go for me....... After I've decorated my daughters room..... Bloody house maintenance it gets in the way of everything :-)

still the house gives  me somewhere to sleep other than the garage........ Or the dog house!

• Like 1

Machined a Weber 38/38 'peanut' style intake manifold - yet-another version I'll get on a flow bench, one day (in the meantime, it's going on the hot-rod (maybe?) M10 for the Bristol car).

And, shot a after/before photo of race-prepped Ireland HD rocker arms.

(I use the Ireland Engineering rocker arms in all my race builds up through a 304 degree cam (so far). Jeff says they can be run as is, and he's probably right; but - that notwithstanding - I clearance them in a couple of areas, soften edges and have them shot-peened again.) -KB

intake-38-peanut-1.jpg

intake-38-peanut-2.jpg

rocker-arms-race-prepped-1.jpg

rocker-arms-race-prepped-2.jpg

Pulled sunroof and am attempting to force up the roof up with a jack on the transmission tunnel. Just need another 1/8 of an inch or so to eliminate the scraping as the panel slides in and out. Also replaced the rubber squeegee piece at the rear of the panel. I hope this does the trick, don't need an more gouges in the sunroof panel. 

DSC_3914.JPG

DSC_3922.JPG

Did the grommets in the doors, along with the window scraper, installed a power lock mechanism, opened up the hole for the speaker (I didn't do the horrible hack job on the doors) so I can fit a better speaker.   I wrapped it all up with soundproofing and new clips.  

IMG_1520.thumb.JPG.387382ef69ee0f94618e1a439de6cc02.JPG

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002