What did you do to your 2002 today !

3 hours ago, Conserv said:

Drove my ‘76 through the woods after dark! 😯

Most of its use is on sunny weekend mornings. So starting out in the dark for a trip to my in-laws’ for dinner seemed strange. But it reminded me that even 45-year old Cibie Z-Beams and Series 45 driving lights can really light up the night.

Regards,

Steve

804ED3B2-D30E-4B70-AC56-997E83DBDF8B.jpeg

My car didn't come with those options.

:D

• Haha 1
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glass man showed up and installed front and rear with no problems in and out in two hours...couple more days and I’ll be at the finish line.

My view today here at Mid-America in Eureka Springs, Arkansas 

Installed new black door cards and picked up my re-Done seats waiting on new carpet kit to install seats in my baur...

Posted Images

On 11/4/2020 at 7:28 AM, rockyford77 said:

With what program do I view the attached file?

On 11/4/2020 at 7:33 AM, '76mintgrün'02 said:

I am not set up to view them either.  I did a google search to find options, but was too lazy to follow through.

https://www.google.com/search?q=viewing+heic+files&rlz=1C1LEND_enUS564US564&oq=viewing+heic+file&aqs=chrome.0.0i457j69i57j0l2j0i22i30l3.5078j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Tom

HEIC files are the new native iOS (iPhone) high efficiency image format. There’s a Compatibility setting you can turn on for sharing photos with others, that substitutes a standard JPEG when uploading, etc.

Obviously the FAQ software doesn’t recognize it as a image format that is supported.

You can likely open/view/convert it in your favorite Photoshop equivalent or graphics conversion software.

HTH,

Tom-too

• Thanks 1

Little update to the grill today. I love the all-chrome look, but I think it is better suited on darker colour cars, and the Sahara needed the contrast. So I covered the slats today with vinyl matt black wrap. Quick, easy and I think quite effective. Thoughts? IMG_20201109_152317_401.jpg

IMG_20201109_181734_072.jpg

IMG_20201109_152317_398.jpg

IMG_20201109_152317_399.jpg

Edited by 1602bmw
  • Like 6
52 minutes ago, 1602bmw said:

So I covered the slats today with vinyl matt black wrap. Quick, easy and I think quite effective. Thoughts? 

I like the look of the blacked out slats.  I also like it when the vertical hood hinge supports are blacked out.  They apparently slathered black paint on them using a brush at the factory.  I used a rattle-can on mine.

Tom

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

I like the look of the blacked out slats.  I also like it when the vertical hood hinge supports are blacked out.  They apparently slathered black paint on them using a brush at the factory.  I used a rattle-can on mine.

Tom

Hi Tom.

Which bit's are the vertical hinge supports? Are they the two bits behind the grills? If so, I thought that after I took the pics!

Edited by 1602bmw
19 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Yes, the two metal pieces that the hood hinges attach to were originally black, which makes them disappear behind the grilles.  

The horns would have been black too.

Tom

Oh, now you've got me doing another task Tom 😆 But you are right, the more I see them the more they stick out like a sore thumb, but will definitely look better once done 👍 That's tomorrows "lock down" job sorted!