What did you do to your 2002 today !

Chamonix ‘73

Finally presses out the rocker shafts. I hope to pull the valves and wash/inspect everything next week before sending the head in a skim and whatever else may be needed. It’ll get a 292 when it comes back to the shop. I’m looking forward to getting this bolted back on the engine soon.

D28EA202-AD62-490C-AB80-A6D6FE3C7C23.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My view today here at Mid-America in Eureka Springs, Arkansas 

Glass man showed up and installed front and rear with no problems in and out in two hours...couple more days and I’ll be at the finish line.

Couple days late to post but the Touring arrived after its 2 month journey from Italy.          

Posted Images

The wheels of restoration turn slowly for me I will be posting the 71 1600 I’m getting started on in the mean time I luv 13” period correct rims for our cars and it’s taken a long time to find these center caps and stickers for momo’s, 100+, and cool bmw skull for 320 steelys.

8D790BA8-475B-43FF-BD8F-F2C04C76D63B.jpeg

• Like 4
7 hours ago, pocho said:

The wheels of restoration turn slowly for me I will be posting the 71 1600 I’m getting started on in the mean time I luv 13” period correct rims for our cars and it’s taken a long time to find these center caps and stickers for momo’s, 100+, and cool bmw skull for 320 steelys.

8D790BA8-475B-43FF-BD8F-F2C04C76D63B.jpeg

I’ll take 5 of the ones on the lower right.😎

10 hours ago, pocho said:

Looking good @pocho

Replaced the all the rear bulbs with LEDs. I have no idea what took me so long. 

Up next is the headlight kit that I purchased from Daniel.  I just have to carve out some time in my schedule to get it done. 

Edited by EPK
  • Like 2

Hi everyone!
I’ve watched countless videos on paint correction and detailing and read lots of articles before I decided to give it a try for myself.  I was pretty nervous about working on 45 year old paint, but after a little while I became comfortable using a polishing machine for the first time.

Here are the steps I used:

1. Washed the car

2. Clay Bar (Mother’s)

3. Soaking Paint with Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze (for 24 hours)

4. Compound (Meguiars Ultimate)

5. Polish (Meguiars Ultimate)

6. Soaking Paint AGAIN with Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze (for 24 hours)

7. Wax (Meguiars Carnauba)

I’m real happy with the results, not only does the paint shine, but it has depth.

Before:

261E4023-FE7F-4FCF-A9EA-99EDBA77AA49.jpeg

After:

A69BEEB6-342D-44D1-8C2A-789915B31B86.jpeg

0361D7CC-E4A2-4689-8FF0-48A40FAFA2E8.jpeg

• Like 10
1 hour ago, fljjmarz said:

Hi everyone!
I’ve watched countless videos on paint correction and detailing and read lots of articles before I decided to give it a try for myself.  I was pretty nervous about working on 45 year old paint, but after a little while I became comfortable using a polishing machine for the first time.

Here are the steps I used:

1. Washed the car

2. Clay Bar (Mother’s)

3. Soaking Paint with Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze (for 24 hours)

4. Compound (Meguiars Ultimate)

5. Polish (Meguiars Ultimate)

6. Soaking Paint AGAIN with Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze (for 24 hours)

7. Wax (Meguiars Carnauba)

I’m real happy with the results, not only does the paint shine, but it has depth.

Before:

261E4023-FE7F-4FCF-A9EA-99EDBA77AA49.jpeg

After:

A69BEEB6-342D-44D1-8C2A-789915B31B86.jpeg

0361D7CC-E4A2-4689-8FF0-48A40FAFA2E8.jpeg

Looks fab! I used Meguiars too, great results. That's quite a turnaround from your first picture

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1