Jump to content
Berk Ergin

What did you do to your 2002 today !

5,286 posts / 406577 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

I replaced the slides for the thigh support on my sport seats as I continue procrastinating doing anything meaningful on the car. 

51135C61-52E3-4F73-B978-6C431BC2D2A2.jpeg

621A062F-7E37-47A8-B0D2-90332AD169AB.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s actually been over several days:

 

Chamonix ‘73

 

I’ve finally managed to properly locate and burn in the new left frame rail I picked up from WN some months ago. I had been agonizing over this job since I started rust repair on this car some 3yrs ago. I am pleased to say that after Gobs of measuring and some one off measuring devices I managed to get everything within factory specs. I offered up the subframe and it fell right in place and all of the bolts went in by hand. 
 

1710502A-16DA-4F2B-81DD-C0A47CC91D23.thumb.jpeg.1c90f7a4a566c5043eb516fab347f15f.jpeg
 

3EA29433-87B8-4160-B190-446C32173B91.thumb.jpeg.57b7d29a68bce1593f82046b934ce6ce.jpeg

 

F63E7680-FDD8-4DD7-AE59-600E4AB33297.thumb.jpeg.3b1b27a04e841d3bdfbb334dcf6c8fcd.jpeg

 

Good day all in all. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, VWJake said:

It’s actually been over several days:

 

Chamonix ‘73

 

I’ve finally managed to properly locate and burn in the new left frame rail I picked up from WN some months ago. I had been agonizing over this job since I started rust repair on this car some 3yrs ago. I am pleased to say that after Gobs of measuring and some one off measuring devices I managed to get everything within factory specs. I offered up the subframe and it fell right in place and all of the bolts went in by hand. 
 

1710502A-16DA-4F2B-81DD-C0A47CC91D23.thumb.jpeg.1c90f7a4a566c5043eb516fab347f15f.jpeg
 

3EA29433-87B8-4160-B190-446C32173B91.thumb.jpeg.57b7d29a68bce1593f82046b934ce6ce.jpeg

 

F63E7680-FDD8-4DD7-AE59-600E4AB33297.thumb.jpeg.3b1b27a04e841d3bdfbb334dcf6c8fcd.jpeg

 

Good day all in all. 

Very nice work...pop your chest up!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marked rocker arms with this cool (I think) electronic engraving pen...

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished diff side seal/o-ring refresh and cleaned 40 years of dirt and grease off it.  Fresh coat of tung oil to prevent surface rust. New redline lube. Glad to see it on all fours again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 12:19 PM, Mike G said:

I replaced the slides for the thigh support on my sport seats as I continue procrastinating doing anything meaningful on the car.

 

 

One thing at a time buddy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)

I pulled out all the trim & bumpers (F/R). Turns out I had purchased a few pieces of belt trim and the remainder was in excellent condition. I just know it was CH-innnnnnny!  I had door & window rubbers also stored in my ANVIL touring case for Bass’s. (That’s a guitar that plays real low tones)  Looks like I stored all the important pieces and combined with the parts off the parts car;  I had a complete set. NICE..... Also,  ordered a butt load from Ireland Engineering.  The total started out really high ($1400.00) at first but I was in contact with Ray (FAQ Ray) and another buddy here in San Diego and they  filled me in on what to get or not get bringing the total to $975.00.  My living room table has a nice collection of 2002 artifacts I’ve restored.  Then I set about the rest of the day restoring my lawn mower.  It’s strange how when I started this build I was satisfied with how my lawnmower looked and with all this restoration goin on I decided to follow thru with the lawnmower.  Daddy’s gotta mow his lawn for his little girl!!!!  It’s a Honda self propelled and she’s a Dachshound....

 

Bella.... (pronounced Beh-Ya in Puerto Rican spanish) Means Precious or Beautiful

B6631F2A-A80F-492E-AF27-E15E2F1815CE.jpeg

 

She looks stoned, LOL!

Edited by Toca
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New radiator, battery, dual sheer selector rod, oil change, sway bars, oil change, adjusted idle due to new intake and A/C

IMG_20200215_213428.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roberttran said:

new intake


Does that air box not have an internal filter? Your missing a prime opportunity to connect the box to the snorkel for cold air induction. 
 

image.jpeg.adbb503b96327763b012dd45d9c0db36.jpeg

 

Ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, zinz said:


Does that air box not have an internal filter? Your missing a prime opportunity to connect the box to the snorkel for cold air induction. 
 

image.jpeg.adbb503b96327763b012dd45d9c0db36.jpeg

 

Ed

It does not. I also have A/C so the area that is opened up on the nose is occupied with the dryer unit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that a fan clutch in the picture with the hose to the snorkel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
2 hours ago, doog said:

 

Is that a fan clutch in the picture

 


sure looks like one. I just grabbed that picture from a Google search. 
 

6 hours ago, roberttran said:

It does not.


Can’t believe there is no filter for that Alpina style box... (edit... apparently this box uses a remote filter and not one that fits in the triangular airbox itself?)

 

Also, the snorkel I refer to is the fresh air inlet at the top, passenger side of the radiator. (Where the stock, single carb air filter duct and Summer/Winter box is attached). Cool, fresh air is much better than hot, engine bay air, especially straight over the exhaust manifold. 
 

...shame there’s not a more elegant solution to such a nice looking airbox

Edited by zinz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

installed drivers seat

 

IMG_4851.JPG

IMG_4852.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.