Berk Ergin

What did you do to your 2002 today !

2,830 posts in this topic Last Reply

(edited)

I inquired with the powers that be on what happened to the original thread- I'm told the original thread got promoted to an article through a loophole and vanished in the system. Or something like that. Too bad!

It's been a busy couple weeks. Finished the Esty Carpet install and need to order a new Clutch MC before wrapping up the driver side. Finished the majority of the audio system, still need to cut out a piece for the rear parcel shelf. Used the Koogleworks Underdash panels and it came out great! I did have to trim down where the edge of speaker grills meet the surface of the enclosure as the grills were wider than the recess in the molding. I saw the Retrosound head unit on Amazon mispriced or something at $66 and bought that. I've read reliability issues but the unit functions very nicely and the handsfree Bluetooth works great. I removed the ashtray from the console, widened the opening, and used part of the ashtray mount to strap in the head unit. Flasher Button mounted below. Also dropped in the engine! EFI next. Re-vinyl'ed the trunk, mounted the turbo spoiler, added the 3M beltline trim. Trying to get this done for the Chicago BMW show in September. Fingers crossed!

IMG_3359.JPG

IMG_3364.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

Edited by LikeStig
  • Like 2

Installed a Dashcam.   At least if someone rolls through a light or a stop sign, it will be less explaining on my part.   My car will be just as broken unfortunately. 

On 7/28/2017 at 10:05 AM, LikeStig said:

I inquired with the powers that be on what happened to the original thread- I'm told the original thread got promoted to an article through a loophole and vanished in the system. Or something like that. Too bad!

It's been a busy couple weeks. Finished the Esty Carpet install and need to order a new Clutch MC before wrapping up the driver side. Finished the majority of the audio system, still need to cut out a piece for the rear parcel shelf. Used the Koogleworks Underdash panels and it came out great! I did have to trim down where the edge of speaker grills meet the surface of the enclosure as the grills were wider than the recess in the molding. I saw the Retrosound head unit on Amazon mispriced or something at $66 and bought that. I've read reliability issues but the unit functions very nicely and the handsfree Bluetooth works great. I removed the ashtray from the console, widened the opening, and used part of the ashtray mount to strap in the head unit. Flasher Button mounted below. Also dropped in the engine! EFI next. Re-vinyl'ed the trunk, mounted the turbo spoiler, added the 3M beltline trim. Trying to get this done for the Chicago BMW show in September. Fingers crossed!

IMG_3445.JPG

Is that an IE radiator?

1. Changed to Red LED Brake and Tail Lights
  2. Replaced Starter with SR441X equivalent unit (5-10lbs less)
  3. Replace Accelerator Pedal
  4. Replaced Hazard Switch

Working on the Tii's euro bumper conversion and final metal work / hole filling prior to body/paint.

IMG_3569.JPG

IMG_3570.JPG

IMG_3567.JPG

Finally got some work done on the 2002.  

1/ had the RHD headers fitted that I bought on this forum some time ago.  

2/ got the brakes refurbished so they function properly which involved a refurbished booster and rebuilding the calipers.  

3/ had the dice-45 carbs re-jetted and now running sweet on the 38mm chokes.  

The car pulls hard now like a 2.2 stroker m10 should.  Really needs that lsd now installed.  

Glad to see this thread brought back to life.....

here's mine from  a couple of weeks ago  

bags packed, ready for a trip down I-5

IMG_0709.thumb.JPG.2529e6ccd37dd14b62a638f91289956f.JPG

IMG_0703.thumb.JPG.2c27811a5f0e2c5ed8e6dd4f4252c618.JPG

5 hours ago, theNomad said:

Is that an IE radiator?

Yep! Just resting in place currently. 

Decided to get down to replacing the brake system with all lines etc. Ill keep what looks useable as spares.

Scope creep to the wheel bearings? Hmm

c0ac62073aaac5763a9ef90be0903173.jpg

Was reassembling the Recaro seats (from a 320i I think) to reinstall when I found these laying on the floor.

Does anyone recognize them?

WP_20170730_001.jpg

Oh boy. It's been a long weekend.

Started by dropping the motor/trans/ front subframe on saturday.

e6b1167afd615d883a42a1ce85930d50.jpg
92ccc399aefd69426f582c9df4b19c90.jpg

Today I spent the whole day breaking down everything even further in preparation for media blasting, which meant cleaning out 45 years of sludge from everything and everywhere, power washing, pressing old bushings out of the control arms, drilling out rivets for ball-joints, scrubbing, scrubbing, and more scrubbing.

42b15a5771a6ab90927ad48921ab092f.jpg
2e150487beeacba3386f0f640da3ae1f.jpg
23b1b6894de27e98562cec8bbee4dac2.jpg
ff1eb9f1fb35598d9da6784b009bcc34.jpg
And then this afternoon proceeded to start tearing down the original motor before I gave up and decided ice cream sounded like a better plan, dirty hands and all.
f93ecd9f881cbf9f906114c8cd64a9b2.jpg
55a25e687fff7a4fa929b1a62c4f4590.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1