Berk Ergin

What did you do to your 2002 today !

4,498 posts / 309509 viewsLast Reply

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I'll search for a rebuild article but if anyone has a good one on speed dial fire it my way.

I’ve had little success rebuilding mine, but you can try. There is a thread about it here somewhere. New ones are available from Blunt... kinda expensive though. 

Ed

1 hour ago, zinz said:

I’ve had little success rebuilding mine, but you can try. There is a thread about it here somewhere. New ones are available from Blunt... kinda expensive though. 

Ed

When you tried to repair yours, were you attempting the approach outlined below? I'm going to give it a go before I fork over for a new one.

Cheers.

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I broke my flasher switch. And by "I broke" I mean, I got into the car and closed the door, the flasher switch popped out, never to detent again.

I'll search for a rebuild article but if anyone has a good one on speed dial fire it my way.

Cheers.

I tried fixing mine, it refused.  Temporary fix was to wedge something in there about the thickness of a matchbook cover.  I bit the bullet and bought a new one.

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

When you tried to repair yours, were you attempting the approach outlined below? I'm going to give it a go before I fork over for a new one.

Yep...  the tiny aluminum arm is very fragile. Mine worked for only a short time, then the button popped out while the car was parked in the garage and the flashers drained the battery. 

Perhaps you will have better luck than me. 

Ed

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 4:08 PM, lowniss37 said:

Hard to beat the cool copper color on a Schwarz

Looks great. 

10 minutes ago, iinca said:

saaron jezus christ' your car is gorgeous

Thanks I appreciate it.  A little less impressive in person...some internet picture voodoo is happening in those two pics.  But, thanks for the nice words.  

Scott

The new steering wheel came in today. I went with a Renown, There was a Nardi I loved but this is simple with the Motorsport colors and horn button to match. A bit smaller than what was on there. 330mm.  I still have to figure out my grounds, the horn works all the time. I need my Son's hand to help get the wheel back off.

IMG_3189.thumb.JPG.5e3da04e880072285687c27ed084628a.JPGIMG_3191.thumb.JPG.3f1af6d2d5cd597e90e1d75a7f598aa9.JPGIMG_3190.thumb.JPG.c2cd97999119b26a33715b93c3936022.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jp that 'wheel is 'BA'....bad ass.

More stitching = more brake horsepower!

Edited by iinca

11 hours ago, zinz said:

Yep...  the tiny aluminum arm is very fragile. Mine worked for only a short time, then the button popped out while the car was parked in the garage and the flashers drained the battery. 

Perhaps you will have better luck than me. 

Ed

Did you do a postmortem? I guess the risk of the switch popping out in our absence is something we all run, unless our switch is relatively new. I like to keep my car plugged into a battery tender because battery tenders are cheap and AGM batteries are expensive. I guess it won't save me if the switch dies while I'm out and about though.

Cheers.

I guess the risk of the switch popping out in our absence is something we all run, unless our switch is relatively new.

Not all of us...

6d65837faf52ef95d589215e0e9965bc.gif

Posted from my phone.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, dlhoovler said:

Not all of us... emoji57.png

I meant all of us who aren't complete show-offs! 😂

Yeah, yeah, yeah, early cars don't have this problem. I'm sure there's some disadvantage to it that I'm too tired to come up with at the moment! 😉

Cheers.

On 9/12/2019 at 12:30 AM, Jimmy said:

I broke my flasher switch. And by "I broke" I mean, I got into the car and closed the door, the flasher switch popped out, never to detent again.

Cheers.

This is the first repair I did to my car when I bought it.  It worked great, and is still holding strong.  Of course I just jinxed myself.  My flashers are probably going off as we speak. 😁

Edited by NYTransplant
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

New old steering wheel... needs a little bit of touching up but sooo much better than the busted stock one I bad before. That thing was cracked everywhere.

Going to 3d print the horn button, for fun 🙂

7B66DC10-CDF8-4AC0-94F8-B21A048A7E06.jpeg