Berk Ergin

What did you do to your 2002 today !

4,349 posts / 293976 viewsLast Reply

Made my Ant-Gravity battery tray.  All angle steel, pretty sure it weighs more than the battery.

20190811_154820.thumb.jpg.ed6de792f021c234a2b566c70fe4b545.jpg

20190811_154841.thumb.jpg.35adaef5507af8d6d6d2b942acef4e34.jpg

20190811_152834.thumb.jpg.87db70990f208216288e4ad414ac0578.jpg

I did screw up though, put the hold down bar directly over the Reset button, nothing a hole can't fix, and a pen.

Now just waiting for the paint to dry before I install it.

• Like 6

Learned where the power wire for the starter is after being push started leaving the C&C. It had vibrated loose and was just hanging there. 

e5sGDmnZRUOYR4WdbzMJVQ.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andrewp said:

Learned where the power wire for the starter is after being push started leaving the C&C. It had vibrated loose and was just hanging there. 

e5sGDmnZRUOYR4WdbzMJVQ.jpg

That happens. 🙂 mash the terminal a bit tighter and maybe support the wire somewhere.

Cheers,

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 5:29 PM, PaulTWinterton said:

Lifted the engine to re&re the pan gasket.  Learned a new trick:  cooling system can be left intact with only rad bolts removed.  734005807_liftengine.jpg.cb71ba8a34fd29bab86507382470e8d4.jpg

Job done.   Looking forward to a Sunday drive, tomorrow. 

Clearly the Pelican Auto Parts sticker was the deciding factor in successfully completing the fix. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dudeland said:

Clearly the Pelican Auto Parts sticker was the deciding factor in successfully completing the fix. 

Borrowed the engine lift.  I never really inspected that sticker.  Good eye...or you've bought a lot of stuff from them...and have the same sticker.

Took the 71 to the 24th annual sleepy hollow rod run (British Columbia), took 1st place in import class, beat a Ferrari, he was somewhat miffed. I would have been happy with second and beating him. A good day for bmw!

35F72388-A90B-4939-837B-EFC9CB1C48BA.jpeg

4E3A54D8-7E70-4706-8A89-931B08E3455B.jpeg

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, golf02 said:

took 1st place in import class

And so you should.  It would be good to see you and your car in Vancouver sometime.  We could line up the 02s in a spectrum of colors.  I don't think we have a Golf car in the city, that I know of.

Congrats on the win!  The car looks sweet.

Edited by PaulTWinterton

56 minutes ago, golf02 said:

Took the 71 to the 24th annual sleepy hollow rod run (British Columbia), took 1st place in import class, beat a Ferrari, he was somewhat miffed. I would have been happy with second and beating him. A good day for bmw!

35F72388-A90B-4939-837B-EFC9CB1C48BA.jpeg

4E3A54D8-7E70-4706-8A89-931B08E3455B.jpeg

38 minutes ago, PaulTWinterton said:

And so you should.  It would be good to see you and your car in Vancouver sometime.  We could line up the 02s in a spectrum of colors.  I don't think we have a Golf car in the city, that I know of.

Congrats on the win!  The car looks sweet.

Dude stop holding out on us.  At least make it to the last Cars and Coffee at Spanish Banks.   It may be the last time you see it before my caterpillar transforms into a beautiful turbo (LOL). 

The sunshine coast isn't that far away. 

Rear axle back in, surface rust wirewheeled away. New wheel bearings, trailing arm bushings, spring pads, and H&Rs. Dropping off the 3.91 LSD tomorrow to get resealed. 

IMG_5304.JPG

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, golf02 said:

Ok guilt me into waking up Uber early. When is Spanish banks cars and coffee. Don’t see it on calendar 

the next one is Sept 14 probably the last event of the season....hope ya can make it