• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

5 hours ago, Mike G said:

They’re not the offset style, I thought they were meant to bring the arms back to horizontal on a lowered car but I just measured and my arms are lower at the strut than subframe. 

They're designed to keep the lower arms lower at the strut and higher at the subframe- this is the whole talk about roll center stuff. 

I don't know- the camber plates don't look like a lot of added negative camber, but I don't know much about IE stuff.  My car is pretty low, which just adds negative camber, let alone the GC camber plates...

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

On 4/15/2019 at 8:36 AM, irdave said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but unless they're offset roll center spacers, they will actually decrease negative camber, no?  The lower control arm is fixed length; it will be longest when it's horizontal; as it moves away from horizontal the X component will get shorter, no?  Which will pull the bottom of the tire in towards the center of the chassis, decreasing negative camber?

Got a picture of the strut tops / camber plates? 

It depends on where the control arm position is before the spacer is added.

If it's angled up above the horizon, then adding the spacer to move them down will push the bottom of the wheel out, unless it pushes too far and starts to angle the arm down.

John Baas

1976 BMW 2002

2001 BMW M5

My Blog!

16 hours ago, irdave said:

They're designed to keep the lower arms lower at the strut and higher at the subframe- this is the whole talk about roll center stuff. 

I don't know- the camber plates don't look like a lot of added negative camber, but I don't know much about IE stuff.  My car is pretty low, which just adds negative camber, let alone the GC camber plates...

The camber plates don't add much, 5/8 degree per the website.  I thought it was more than that.

John Baas

1976 BMW 2002

2001 BMW M5

My Blog!

16 hours ago, lowniss37 said:

Found some goodies looking through some folders !

309A062D-4DC3-429C-A13F-27C5789445A5.jpeg

Very nice and rare: an early 1976 CA version in Schwarz with Nylon Brown interior (a.k.a, tan or beige), and sunroof with lowered front seats! A 237xxxx car probably, manufactured between September and November 1975. Original owner? I ask this because few others kept the mileage stickers...?

Below, from my original-owner 1976. Oops: can’t find a photo of my mileage sticker...?

Regards,

Steve

EC42D1FF-76E9-4F72-8AAA-C37C41AFACC0.jpeg

79D159E0-1989-4BBF-BDBD-399E2AF81307.jpeg

5A9CB868-7DAA-47F8-93D6-7C463F1EBA81.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

4 hours ago, Conserv said:

Very nice and rare: an early 1976 CA version in Schwarz with Nylon Brown interior (a.k.a, tan or beige), and sunroof with lowered front seats! A 237xxxx car probably, manufactured between September and November 1975. Original owner? I ask this because few others kept the mileage stickers...?

Below, from my original-owner 1976. Oops: can’t find a photo of my mileage sticker...?

Regards,

Steve

EC42D1FF-76E9-4F72-8AAA-C37C41AFACC0.jpeg

79D159E0-1989-4BBF-BDBD-399E2AF81307.jpeg

5A9CB868-7DAA-47F8-93D6-7C463F1EBA81.jpeg

Nice documents as well on yours. I am not the original owner and yes it is a 237 car. Everyday I am thankful that I have a E10 again. The Schwarz black makes these things very classy looking with the belt line trim and polished chip guards on the front lower quarter panel.

Randy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xr4tic said:

The camber plates don't add much, 5/8 degree per the website.  I thought it was more than that.

What?  Seriously?  Maybe it's part of their 'complete package' where that's what they want the car to have with the rest of their parts installed...

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

2 hours ago, lowniss37 said:

Nice documents as well on yours. I am not the original owner and yes it is a 237 car. Everyday I am thankful that I have a E10 again. The Schwarz black makes these things very classy looking with the belt line trim and polished chip guards on the front lower quarter panel.

Randy

E114.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

9 hours ago, xr4tic said:

Pfft. Bumping up a few kerbs at speed would add more. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

17 minutes ago, Simeon said:

Pfft. Bumping up a few kerbs at speed would add more. 

My struts were bent.

Is that no longer a thing?

:P

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.