• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

I inquired with the powers that be on what happened to the original thread- I'm told the original thread got promoted to an article through a loophole and vanished in the system. Or something like that. Too bad!

It's been a busy couple weeks. Finished the Esty Carpet install and need to order a new Clutch MC before wrapping up the driver side. Finished the majority of the audio system, still need to cut out a piece for the rear parcel shelf. Used the Koogleworks Underdash panels and it came out great! I did have to trim down where the edge of speaker grills meet the surface of the enclosure as the grills were wider than the recess in the molding. I saw the Retrosound head unit on Amazon mispriced or something at $66 and bought that. I've read reliability issues but the unit functions very nicely and the handsfree Bluetooth works great. I removed the ashtray from the console, widened the opening, and used part of the ashtray mount to strap in the head unit. Flasher Button mounted below. Also dropped in the engine! EFI next. Re-vinyl'ed the trunk, mounted the turbo spoiler, added the 3M beltline trim. Trying to get this done for the Chicago BMW show in September. Fingers crossed!

IMG_3359.JPG

IMG_3364.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

Edited by LikeStig
  • Like 2

Just installed the new radiator and 75° thermostat. Waiting for some warmer weather to see if it is running any cooler!

IMG_20170729_111358819_HDR.jpg

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

On 7/28/2017 at 10:05 AM, LikeStig said:

I inquired with the powers that be on what happened to the original thread- I'm told the original thread got promoted to an article through a loophole and vanished in the system. Or something like that. Too bad!

It's been a busy couple weeks. Finished the Esty Carpet install and need to order a new Clutch MC before wrapping up the driver side. Finished the majority of the audio system, still need to cut out a piece for the rear parcel shelf. Used the Koogleworks Underdash panels and it came out great! I did have to trim down where the edge of speaker grills meet the surface of the enclosure as the grills were wider than the recess in the molding. I saw the Retrosound head unit on Amazon mispriced or something at $66 and bought that. I've read reliability issues but the unit functions very nicely and the handsfree Bluetooth works great. I removed the ashtray from the console, widened the opening, and used part of the ashtray mount to strap in the head unit. Flasher Button mounted below. Also dropped in the engine! EFI next. Re-vinyl'ed the trunk, mounted the turbo spoiler, added the 3M beltline trim. Trying to get this done for the Chicago BMW show in September. Fingers crossed!

IMG_3445.JPG

Is that an IE radiator?

1. Changed to Red LED Brake and Tail Lights
  2. Replaced Starter with SR441X equivalent unit (5-10lbs less)
  3. Replace Accelerator Pedal
  4. Replaced Hazard Switch

1974  02  Inka

1975  02  Chaminoix (parts car)

1995  318ti  Hellrot

Finally got some work done on the 2002.  

1/ had the RHD headers fitted that I bought on this forum some time ago.  

2/ got the brakes refurbished so they function properly which involved a refurbished booster and rebuilding the calipers.  

3/ had the dice-45 carbs re-jetted and now running sweet on the 38mm chokes.  

The car pulls hard now like a 2.2 stroker m10 should.  Really needs that lsd now installed.  

1974 2002 2.2stroker, DCOE45's, 300deg cam, 5 spd, 3.91 LSD // 1984 E24 M635csi, dogleg 5spd 3.23 LSD. // 1994 E34 540i, supercharged 16psi, 6spd E85 only, 3.15 LSD // 1997 E36 M3 Evo, low comp supercharged 18psi 6spd (under construction)

Oh boy. It's been a long weekend.

Started by dropping the motor/trans/ front subframe on saturday.

e6b1167afd615d883a42a1ce85930d50.jpg
92ccc399aefd69426f582c9df4b19c90.jpg

Today I spent the whole day breaking down everything even further in preparation for media blasting, which meant cleaning out 45 years of sludge from everything and everywhere, power washing, pressing old bushings out of the control arms, drilling out rivets for ball-joints, scrubbing, scrubbing, and more scrubbing.

42b15a5771a6ab90927ad48921ab092f.jpg
2e150487beeacba3386f0f640da3ae1f.jpg
23b1b6894de27e98562cec8bbee4dac2.jpg
ff1eb9f1fb35598d9da6784b009bcc34.jpg
And then this afternoon proceeded to start tearing down the original motor before I gave up and decided ice cream sounded like a better plan, dirty hands and all.
f93ecd9f881cbf9f906114c8cd64a9b2.jpg
55a25e687fff7a4fa929b1a62c4f4590.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1